Porsche 718 Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I guess kind of a lot, now that I total them up.
  1. 1987 944S, stone gray
  2. 1994 968 coupe, guards red
  3. 1984 928S, manual, white/cancan red
  4. 1987 928S4, manual, India red
  5. 1974 914 1.8, gulf blue
  6. 1972 911T Carrera RS replica, white/red
  7. 1998 Boxster, guards red
  8. 2001 C2 coupe, speed yellow
  9. 2000 Boxster, guards red
  10. 2007 C4 coupe, arctic silver
  11. 2001 Boxster, guards red (still have this one)
  12. 2006 Cayenne Turbo, titanium (still have this one)
  13. 2011 Cayman, black
  14. 2018 718 Cayman, graphite blue (still have this one)
The 3 I still have are some of my favs of the list. I really really do miss that 928S4 5-speed, though. I continually look for another one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
718 Cayman GTS manual is my first. Once it’s paid off I’ll likely consider a 997 vert for just looking cool and enjoying the wind. This Cayman is definitely going to be my track monster for as long as I can keep it alive.

·
Registered
'18 718 CS, Pdk, Night Blue met. Agate grey int. 14 way H/V seats20" Carrera, PSE, PrmPkg
16 Posts
On my first (since late January)
'18 CS Night Blue and stealth de-badging.

BUT .. like @kfahmi .. garage space not withstanding I'd be there with two.
My ideal boxter pairing would be screaming red/yellow base MT with Sp-Chrono for lazy downshifting while cruising.

That's a great solution to having to transport 4 people in a Porsche.
Bonus that nobody can laugh at your back "seats".

These cars are so-much-fun! I knew it for years, but waited until they got fast enough with the 2.5T.

Addict for life now. Doomed.
Do not test drive one of these unless you can make it happen. Makes my BMW 328 feel like driving a minivan.

·
Registered
167 Posts
On my first (since late January)
'18 CS Night Blue and stealth de-badging.

BUT .. like @kfahmi .. garage space not withstanding I'd be there with two.
My ideal boxter pairing would be screaming red/yellow base MT with Sp-Chrono for lazy downshifting while cruising.

That's a great solution to having to transport 4 people in a Porsche.
Bonus that nobody can laugh at your back "seats".

These cars are so-much-fun! I knew it for years, but waited until they got fast enough with the 2.5T.

Addict for life now. Doomed.
Do not test drive one of these unless you can make it happen. Makes my BMW 328 feel like driving a minivan.
CJA: You're so right about the test drive. For me, 3 minutes into my first test drive of a 718, I knew I had to have one.

Funny thing is, I've never really been a hard-core 'car guy.' I mean, as a kid I had pictures of Testarossas and Countachs and 928s on my wall. I autocrossed friends' Mazda Miatas back in the day. Dad owned two 60s-era Lotus Elans that were a hoot to drive. But I was not what you would call a 'car nut'.

That all changed when I drove the 718. I'd always liked the style of the earlier Boxsters and Caymans, but never really seriously considered Porsche ownership. Then one October morning I happened to drive by a local Porsche dealer. Sitting out front was a gorgeous 718 Boxster. "Hmm, I'll just wander in," I thought. I ignored the Panameras, Cayennes, and Macans, and went straight to the Boxster.

I knew almost nothing about Porsches. I'd never even driven one. I'd grown up knowing the difference between the 911, 924, 944, 959, and 928 (the 928 was one of my favorite cars when I was a kid.) I'd admired Boxsters and Caymans from afar, but I had no clue what a '718' was, or that the engine was now a turbocharged four instead of an inline six. I couldn't tell the difference between the 981 and 982 because I hadn't educated myself at all. Simply because I had zero intention of buying another car anytime soon, let alone a Porsche.

Salesman suggested a test drive and off we went. Within literally the first 5 minutes I realized that a Boxster would soon be joining our family. I drove home with a silly grin, wife asked what was up, and I just said, "So, we have an appointment tomorrow at the Porsche dealership. You're gonna test-drive the Boxster." Being a rather lovely girl, she replied with "Oh so you FINALLY admit we should be getting a convertible? After all these years."

She test-drove it the next day. Then we went and drove the new Miata, just to see. There was no comparison. None at all.

Four weeks later, after plenty of messing around on the configurator, our custom order was submitted. And life has never been the same since. Liked it so much...we bought another 718 last year. Wife has, however, explicitly forbidden a third new Porsche in as many years, as we are out of garage space :(

·
Registered
167 Posts
And this thread brings to mind another question, which is: "What would your dream garage look like?" If you had unlimited money, what would you buy? Let's say you have to limit yourself to 4--5 cars (because otherwise we'd all just go buy a hundred exotics), what would your garage contain?

Me personally:
• My existing 2018 718 Boxster, midnight blue / luxor beige. The ideal car for sunny weekends.
• My existing 2018 718 Cayman S, Guards Red / black. To be replaced, one day, with an electric Cayman.
• Need a 'run around town, pick up groceries' car, so the Taycan Turbo S would do very nicely. Perhaps the metallic silver exterior with the red leather interior. Very classy.
• A Rosso Corsa (red) Ferrari F8 Tributo Spyder with classic beige interior. Because, well, why not?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Presently I own 4. Have had one other now sold.

2004 Ruf Dakara (Cayenne Turbo 700HP)
2005 Boxster S,
2006 997 C2
2016 Boxster Spyder

My first Porsche was a 85.5 944

·
Registered
Cayman MY19 Base model. 20 inch Carrera classic wheels. PDK. Bi xenon PDLS. PSE. Jet black metallic
22 Posts
My first was a 2014 92a Cayenne diesal. I Had a young teenager and this car suited . Awesome torque and handling. Incredible car to drive for its size.

Currently a MY19 718 Cayman demonstrator purchased last week and I could not be happier. Child now 18 :)

Incidentally, both controversial engines but in my opinion all Porsche.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
4 total: '83 911SC (didn't love it); '06 Cayman S...LOVED it and spent a ton on mods; 2019 Carrera T with stick and RWS...wonderful car but for someone else; '08 Cayman GTS wonderful car...for ME! Added 3 front grills, new Pilot 4s, Softronic tune and DSC suspension mod. This car is lots of fun on my local roads.

I don't speed on interstates anymore. I don't like the stress.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Uhhh...'18 Cayman 718 GTS...sorry...watching TV!

61 - 69 of 69 Posts