Porsche 718 Forum banner

What do you drive?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
The title asks how many turbos I have. Um, just one. That's enough for now.

Reactions: epirali

·
Registered
698 Posts
Of course you can. Knowing how long both have been available you can work out the ratio just fine.
One would need more than time period availability data but also model splits, how many of each model were manufactured etc. In the end Porsche nufacture a set number of variants over set time periods and this will ultimately determine how many of each engine variant hits the market.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One would need more than time period availability data but also model splits, how many of each model were manufactured etc. In the end Porsche nufacture a set number of variants over set time periods and this will ultimately determine how many of each engine variant hits the market.
With China market only able to order 2.0 and 2.5 (Incl GTS) but not 4.0, considering it is the largest market for Porsche, it does not look like a crazy idea that these turbo models became a great seller Porsche overall.

·
Registered
698 Posts
With China market only able to order 2.0 and 2.5 (Incl GTS) but not 4.0, considering it is the largest market for Porsche, it does not look like a crazy idea that these turbo models became a great seller Porsche overall.
Agreed, it was one of the primary reasons the F4T engine was released.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Agreed, it was one of the primary reasons the F4T engine was released.
Yup, opposite to the comment from old schollers saying it was a failed move from Porsche to release it.
It seems Porsche management had a broader view than their fanbase.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
How many folks from mainland China actually subscribe to this forum?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
How many folks from mainland China actually subscribe to this forum?
It does not matter; the bottom line is that the turbo engine could become a successful product for Porsche, an entirely different status. Some people say it was a failed move.
In other words, if you drive a Porsche 718 Turbo, you may be driving a very successful product made by Porsche.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
In other words, if you drive a Porsche 718 Turbo, you may be driving a very successful product made by Porsche.
I do not believe that has been disputed. Most current production ICE Porsche are turbo. They've been at it a long time and are pretty good at it. Their top model in the road performance class is turbo. It's also only offered in PDK which at one time was also considered heresy. No one ever derided the Turbo or Turbo S because, well, that would have been silly. It's the lack of two cylinders that the others sport, is what is at issue. Porsche should never have said anything, since the engine is hidden, and no one would have been the wiser lol

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I confess I don't get all the fuss. My 2.0 turbo is easily the most powerful engine I've ever owned, and the car which holds it the fastest.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I do not believe that has been disputed. Most current production ICE Porsche are turbo. They've been at it a long time and are pretty good at it. Their top model in the road performance class is turbo. It's also only offered in PDK which at one time was also considered heresy. No one ever derided the Turbo or Turbo S because, well, that would have been silly. It's the lack of two cylinders that the others sport, is what is at issue. Porsche should never have said anything, since the engine is hidden, and no one would have been the wiser lol
My comments go directly to the 718 4 cyl Porsche, have read some buyers saying, "I canceled my 718 turbo because of the comments on the internet, so I went for the 4.0", a minority of bashers took the 4 cyl 718 into a dog status when it seems the real thing is totally different, it seems the 4 cyl is a real winner according to its sale numbers.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts