Porsche 718 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Booked in for the side air vent recall on 21st December. Hoping it will cut down on the number of stones that I find up against the radiators as they are a pain to get out

·
Registered
236 Posts
Lincoln. Had a 718S but traded for an older 911S because deal was good and after a 987 and 981 wasn't enamoured with the soundtrack. Far from sure I did the right thing so don't shoot me. I'm sticking with this forum because it really is the best.

·
Registered
15 Posts
@neilf will you be joining us at the Gaydon motor museum on the 16th? Thats down the road from you :nerd:

What's happening at Gaydon on the 16th? I live in Nottingham so would be interested in a meet (thought it would be in my MINI, I don't drive my 718 in the winter months :eek:)

·
Registered
595 Posts
What's happening at Gaydon on the 16th? I live in Nottingham so would be interested in a meet (thought it would be in my MINI, I don't drive my 718 in the winter months :eek:)
@fergusor there is a thread here https://www.718forum.com/forum/brit...-up-british-motor-museum-gaydon-cv35-0bj.html. You're more than welcome to join us. The car you arrive in is (almost) irrelevant. There will be a number of us lowering the tone with filthy dirty 718s >:D
Looking forward to meeting you there.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Lincoln. Had a 718S but traded for an older 911S because deal was good and after a 987 and 981 wasn't enamoured with the soundtrack. Far from sure I did the right thing so don't shoot me. I'm sticking with this forum because it really is the best.
I did the exact opposite from a 991 Carrera S 2012 to a 718 Cayman GTS

I am not sure you did the right thing either ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm a bit nervous in case i put the mockers on it but car ordered 5 Nov.
Seems i was able to jump on a slot available at Porsche UK.

·
Registered
29 Posts
New 2018 718 Cayman S owner here, too - Northumberland (just outside Newcastle). Not new to Porsche ownership, but new to the 718.

I had a 981 CGTS previously, so I really am dancing with the devil by going from the (apparent) holy-grail engine sound to the 718S. ;) (For the record, I don't mind the sound or the 718 at all)

·
Registered
595 Posts
New 2018 718 Cayman S owner here, too - Northumberland (just outside Newcastle). Not new to Porsche ownership, but new to the 718.

I had a 981 CGTS previously, so I really am dancing with the devil by going from the (apparent) holy-grail engine sound to the 718S. /forum/images/718forum/smilies/tango_face_wink.png (For the record, I don't mind the sound or the 718 at all)
Welcome on board. Feel free to post some pics.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks Nosmo - will post some better pics when it's clean, but for now here is a pic from delivery.

Already 'modified' it by pulling the Soundaktor fuse. All those annoying low-rev vibrations are gone! Miracle!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Thanks Nosmo - will post some better pics when it's clean, but for now here is a pic from delivery.

Already 'modified' it by pulling the Soundaktor fuse. All those annoying low-rev vibrations are gone! Miracle!

Thanks for posting. What colour blue is that? Too light for night blue! Is it sapphire?
Pulling the fuse is a doddle and it makes a big difference.

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi @1812Music

Welcome and Happy New Year!

Awesome 718 Cayman S you have, I am wondering the same as @Nosmo... Too light for NBM but it also doesn't look bright enough for Sapphire Blue either but could just be the picture! lovely colour either way :D

41 - 60 of 95 Posts