Porsche 718 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's Sapphire Blue - the pictures are from inside Porsche Sheffield's temporary hand over booths, so perhaps not as bright as you would think. Colour is gorgeous in the sunlight.

I bought it on the strength of the colour combo, tbh. The right kind of impulse buy. :D

·
Registered
360 Posts
New 2018 718 Cayman S owner here, too - Northumberland (just outside Newcastle). Not new to Porsche ownership, but new to the 718.

I had a 981 CGTS previously, so I really am dancing with the devil by going from the (apparent) holy-grail engine sound to the 718S. ;) (For the record, I don't mind the sound or the 718 at all)
don't worry - I had 6 flat 6 engine cars before my 718 CGTS - and you are not alone in thinking the engine sounds more than OK

and it is a magic thing in terms of what it does to get the car down the road and especially out of corners

enjoy

·
Registered
360 Posts
It's Sapphire Blue - the pictures are from inside Porsche Sheffield's temporary hand over booths, so perhaps not as bright as you would think. Colour is gorgeous in the sunlight.

I bought it on the strength of the colour combo, tbh. The right kind of impulse buy. :D
car looks lovely - sapphire was strongly in the running for me but I fell badly for GT silver when I saw my pre owned car

best buys on sports cars are at an emotional level

well done on pulling the Donald fuse (- fake noise)

Tim

Reactions: 1812Music

·
Registered
20 Posts
that looks a lovely car

the options do run away with you don't they

have you paid for the steering wheel twice on the build code quoted?

Tim
No, one item is the sports GT steering wheel, and the other one is adding the multi-function bit! They get you every way!

·
Registered
360 Posts
No, one item is the sports GT steering wheel, and the other one is adding the multi-function bit! They get you every way!
I would check that as the £329 should buy the GT multifunction wheel in one - ah my mistake may be only having looked on the GTS configurator where the GT wheel is standard so maybe you only pay £329 for the multifunction - I suspect you are right for an S and they charge for the wheel upgrade AND multifunction on top

as you say they don't miss many tricks to make you pay more than you planned

Reactions: Nosmo

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would check that as the £329 should buy the GT multifunction wheel in one - ah my mistake may be only having looked on the GTS configurator where the GT wheel is standard so maybe you only pay £329 for the multifunction - I suspect you are right for an S and they charge for the wheel upgrade AND multifunction on top

as you say they don't miss many tricks to make you pay more than you planned
Oh I know I'm right on this one, spent way too many hours playing on the configurator before I decided on the final spec!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Oh I know I'm right on this one, spent way too many hours playing on the configurator before I decided on the final spec!
:)

addictive but expensive - my first stab at speccing a CGTS reached nearly £90k - that needed some serious pruning

·
Registered
595 Posts
Welcome @Higgy. I just checked my invoice and unless Porsche upped the price by £194 you're being had. I have the carbon heated wheel and paid £329. Please do check and buy Tim and I a beer (or sausage roll if you join us for the next meet) for the money saved. Either way, enjoy the wait.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You only paid £329 because you have a GTS where the sports steering wheel is standard. It isn't on the S hence £194 for the Sport steering wheel and £329 for the heated mutli-function bit.

Beer's now on you, Tim can get the sausage rolls :)

Can't enjoy the wait - it's dragging.....

·
Registered
360 Posts
You only paid £329 because you have a GTS where the sports steering wheel is standard. It isn't on the S hence £194 for the Sport steering wheel and £329 for the heated mutli-function bit.

Beer's now on you, Tim can get the sausage rolls :)

Can't enjoy the wait - it's dragging.....
I am insulted

a) I got it right sort of on the GTS vs S thing

b) I might have been a vegan or something - nah sausage rolls on me then

·
Registered
360 Posts
I get it re the wait - self imposed torture - can you get counselling for that?

I went into local Porsche centre in September fully intending to order my 7th Porsche but first ever brand new one for my (sob) 60th birthday present to me - had spent many many hours on the configurator and had my code generated...

then I saw this pre owned gem that someone had kindly already specced for me with 2600 miles on the clock

game over - deal done and collected one week later

slight problem still more than 3 months to the birthday so I "had" to buy myself an Omega seamaster as a replacement present

life can be tough sometimes

·
Registered
360 Posts
Welcome @Higgy. I just checked my invoice and unless Porsche upped the price by £194 you're being had. I have the carbon heated wheel and paid £329. Please do check and buy Tim and I a beer (or sausage roll if you join us for the next meet) for the money saved. Either way, enjoy the wait.
it might have been cos you had the carbon wheel and they had to discount it as being too blingy for their usually tasteful clientele? ;)

Reactions: Nosmo

·
Registered
198 Posts
Tim

I like your thinking, my S was a 50th pressie to myself but it is a year early. Similar to you in that someone had already specced my ideal car and it was sat waiting for a new owner - that would be me

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am insulted

a) I got it right sort of on the GTS vs S thing

b) I might have been a vegan or something - nah sausage rolls on me then

Yes you did get it right with the GTS vs S thing. It was NOSMO that queried it further, even after your clarification, and so maybe the beer AND the sausage rolls should be on him. In case he is a vegan I'll generously throw in a cauliflower or two. :D

I make no comment about the blingy carbon wheel. :laugh:

There was mention somewhere of "the next meet" - are these advertised at all on the forum?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Yes you did get it right with the GTS vs S thing. It was NOSMO that queried it further, even after your clarification, and so maybe the beer AND the sausage rolls should be on him. In case he is a vegan I'll generously throw in a cauliflower or two. :D

There was mention somewhere of "the next meet" - are these advertised at all on the forum?

Coffee at the meet on me as I had it wrong for cars other than the GTS - Alternatively, @Higgy, you simply ordered the wrong car. You could have saved yourself <£200 on a porker >:D>:D.

If you ping any of us UK members in the thread above a PM or follow https://www.718forum.com/forum/brit...-up-british-motor-museum-gaydon-cv35-0bj.html this thread consider yourself in the loop.

The wait is horrible and no amount of counselling is going to make it better.

·
Registered
360 Posts

uzzy is "in charge" of the roll call but it is the middle Sunday in Feb at present at a café near Towcester - as said all still in the pre xmas meet up thread

maybe we need to change the name of the thread to a more general meet up title?

61 - 80 of 95 Posts