Porsche 718 Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ah, OK. Thanks for the information on the next February meet. As my 981 has now gone and the 718 is not due until early March, maybe I'll pass up on this one and aim for the subsequent meeting. That way as well NOSMO will have time to upgrade the beer and sausage rolls to Bollinger and canapes.

I take it then there isn't a forum just for upcoming meetings? Are most (any?) of the UK people on here also members of PCGB or BoXa.net, or don't we talk about them!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Ah, OK. Thanks for the information on the next February meet. As my 981 has now gone and the 718 is not due until early March, maybe I'll pass up on this one and aim for the subsequent meeting. That way as well NOSMO will have time to upgrade the beer and sausage rolls to Bollinger and canapes.

I take it then there isn't a forum just for upcoming meetings? Are most (any?) of the UK people on here also members of PCGB or BoXa.net, or don't we talk about them!

I'm a PCGB member but don't read that forum. I find this forum super friendly (Grasshoper where art thou??) and have not looked elsewhere. Also, as this forum is dedicated to the 718 you don't have to trawl to find relevant info. Horses for courses.

·
Registered
116 Posts
@Higgy @Nosmo

I agree with Nosmo… I am also a PCGB member but again I don't read their forum not for any reason but I think you need to spend time on one site and build it up from there... however I will be attending a few events this year as the events are always very well organised.
911UK I am a member of that forum but there are some real idiots on their, half just look for arguments which I have no time for so I haven't been on their for a while now and don't really think I will be back on there (Awful)

I find the people on 718 to be really sensible and enthusiastic so I am glad to spend what time I can on here :)

·
Registered
360 Posts
PCGB member as well but not on their forums - will do some of the events this year I suspect

·
Registered
Warrenpoint in Ireland, not UK! 718S, Macan SD
45 Posts
Hold on there lads - what's this about removing the Donald fuse - could someone explain? Are any other functions affected? Which fuse is it?

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
The Donald is a 7.5 amp fuse shuts the Soundoktor up, and that's the only thing affected. For the 718, it is located in the right rear fuse box.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ok, update. I did the fuse removal trick in the office car park last night (took me all of 15 seconds) and it really does make a difference. The car is much quieter in normal mode as well as sport.

I'm wondering if my old ears just want to hear a difference or if there really is a change in sound. What I plan to do is to leave the fuse out for a week then replace it and see if the noise levels increase. But I believe that I can firmly hear a difference.

Thanks for the advice.

BTW, on my MY17 718BS, there is no panel to remove in the boot to gain access, you just grab the top of the carpety boot covering, pull it back and you can see the fuse box. Really simple to remove, but fiddly.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ok, update. I did the fuse removal trick in the office car park last night (took me all of 15 seconds) and it really does make a difference. The car is much quieter in normal mode as well as sport.

I'm wondering if my old ears just want to hear a difference or if there really is a change in sound. What I plan to do is to leave the fuse out for a week then replace it and see if the noise levels increase. But I believe that I can firmly hear a difference.

Thanks for the advice.

BTW, on my MY17 718BS, there is no panel to remove in the boot to gain access, you just grab the top of the carpety boot covering, pull it back and you can see the fuse box. Really simple to remove, but fiddly.
Hi Happy Days - I’ve been contemplating removing the fuse after reading so much of it in this forum. Possible to record and publish “before and after” interior sounds? This would be very helpful, thanks ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I really don't think that a sound recording would capture the difference. It's noticeable, but probably not record-able, if that makes sense. It takes such a short time to do it that I would recommend you give it a go and see for yourself.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts