Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
You just need to remove the spoiler and respray it boring grey. Yours is a supercar but not as in your face as say a Lambo or Massa. Ah, except for the colour.?
Hmmmmmmm, I see, nah, I like my winged mobile.......I will opt for the "game show" idea.:laugh:

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'll agree to that. Oh, the ladies! Spent a year in Dallas last lifetime, regular at J Albert's Bar funnily enough. No relation I guess.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks all for your imaginative suggestions. Family will be the hardest. My adult daughter wants to tell the world via social media...I asked her not to! My first road trip will be to see her so we can drive together - she is a fine car enthusiast without means to get one! Porsche2018, tell them you bought an aftermarket kit for the poor man's Porsche to make it look expensive.

·
Registered
234 Posts
That's because you're spending kids' inheritance. Mine too. Told them, they're getting the house (and the cars). No cash left.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Memories are of no value when you are 6 feet under or scattered hinterland. When you can enjoy both memories and pass on generational wealth, you have been successful.

·
Registered
435 Posts
My friends would never ask....the wife on the other hand is another matter. Whenever I buy anything, the first thing out of her mouth is "How Much Did It Cost". When I bought mine, I intended to lie to her and tell her it was half what I paid. I bought the car, had my son in law take me to the dealer to pick it up and brought it home and put it out in my second garage. Wife was none the wiser. Unfortunately two days later a buddy stopped by and asked me to take him for a ride. When we got back to the house, the wife was looking out the front window and saw us drive up to the other garage. She made a beeline to my desk and looked in my check book. When I went back in the house she wasn't talking to me. She didn't talk for three weeks. I told a couple of buddies that if I knew that all it would take to shut her up was to buy a Porsche, I would've done it years earlier. >:D

·
Registered
234 Posts
I too never told my wife until it was in the drive. She just doesn't understand cars. I had to agree that in return for me upgrading the porsche, we could get a new puppy to replace old dog put down six months earlier. Bad deal. My porsche causes her no grief whatsoever. The bloody puppy however..........

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Dam*, you guys have some big kahunas! My original plan was to purchase without spousal consent/knowledge, but my daughter intervened and coaxed me, and her, into a mutual agreement re the purchase. I told my wife after we had all eventually come to terms that I had planned to do it when I met a certain financial goal. After all of that, she didn't seem surprised that I would have pulled the trigger without her knowledge. Guess I don't know her all that well even after 37 years of marriage - I expected to be celibate the remainder of my life and I was OK with that for a Porsche.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Gentlemen, gentlemen I have the reverse problem with my wife, she is all in before I am. I try to convince her we don't need another car and she says life is too short. For those of you that may have missed it that is a lesion in reverse psychology..........here endith the lesion.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Tell everyone you won it with a winning Coke bottle top, and they require you to drive it for at least 4 years. Complain about something, like its gas mileage or color. Milk the gossip for as long as you can!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Gentlemen, gentlemen I have the reverse problem with my wife, she is all in before I am. I try to convince her we don't need another car and she says life is too short. For those of you that may have missed it that is a lesion in reverse psychology..........here endith the lesion.

So it is here fault that Kermit is no more?
I need to talk to here.....

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
So it is here fault that Kermit is no more?
I need to talk to here.....
Can't blame her entirely she went up to visit the grandchild on Friday and I went to the Porsche dealership on that same day, that is, the Porsche dealership just got a 2RS delivery and the sales manager contacted me. Before she had arrived up in Houston which is 3 hours away I had dropped off the Lizard at the car orphanage, completed the paperwork and wrote the check. She came home today to find the lizard was no more.......her exact words "Congratulations".

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Can't blame her entirely she went up to visit the grandchild on Friday and I went to the Porsche dealership on that same day, that is, the Porsche dealership just got a 2RS delivery and the sales manager contacted me. Before she had arrived up in Houston which is 3 hours away I had dropped off the Lizard at the car orphanage, completed the paperwork and wrote the check. She came home today to find the lizard was no more.......her exact words "Congratulations".
Thats the way to do it, she´s a keeper for sure! :D
So how does the 2RS behave?

·
Registered
720 Posts
My wife is not a "car person" but she's a pretty good sport about my car hobby. For example, she spends about 40 days a year with me at vintage race and does a lot of the promo photography for our club.
Basically, she likes our Cayman, I think, because I like it.

When I decided to retire, I told her I wanted to replace my well-worn Miata with something nicer and more "grown up". It helped that I was also selling my plane, which she was always nervous about.

She basically told me "go for it". If I had ordered a new GT3, I doubt she would have flinched.

My kids are all doing well and they have told me to "spend the inheritance".

Every one of my neighbors has made positive comments about the Cayman. No one has asked how much it cost. I think in today's internet world, it's easy enough to find out these things without asking.

But I'm still too cheap to spend six figures (USD) on a car. And to be honest, my wife probably knows that. She things the Cayman is classy and was a great deal for the money. Actually, so do I.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Thats the way to do it, she´s a keeper for sure! :D
So how does the 2RS behave?
Thanks johan! I purchased the car on the 25th and on the morning of the 26th it was moved with an enclosed carrier to the PPF installers shop so I won't get the car back for about 7 to 10 days but as soon as I do I will post my impressions.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts