Porsche 718 Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm pretty sure mine in unique. I track the market, and I have not seen another in the same configuration yet. Lava Orange makes it a relatively easy task.

·
Registered
14 Posts
In my countless hours of obsessive 718 shopping, I’ve seen maybe 1% that have the rear wiper option. And I’ve never see one with adaptive cruise control. I would like to order with both of these options, even though the radar cruise control seems overpriced.

·
Registered
33 Posts
In my countless hours of obsessive 718 shopping, I’ve seen maybe 1% that have the rear wiper option. And I’ve never see one with adaptive cruise control. I would like to order with both of these options, even though the radar cruise control seems overpriced.
I think the rear wiper looks cool. Rear wiper and power folding mirrors combined are the options that I've only seen come up twice together when searching for 718 and 981.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Not a fan of the rear wiper on sports cars. I took it off of my 350Z and plugged the hole. Then again I didn't drive that car in winter conditions. It probably has its benefits for that.

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Of course it's subjective but this is why I like the rear wiper. https://petrolicious.com/articles/the-unlikely-story-of-how-porsche-dna-probably-ended-up-on-your-car

They are more useful on more upright rear windows though.
As i currently own a 718 Boxster and a Tesla Model 3 I have no rear wipers on any of my cars.
Having owned a handful of hatchbacks I must admit it can be very practical, but on cars where the rear window angle is closer to horisontal than vertical, it is not really needed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I guess I have a higher level view of what is unique. I don't see any difference between a Miami Blue 6 speed Cayman GTS and the same car with the GTS interior or colored seat belts or painted side intakes or different wheels. I see unique at color, Cayman or Bosxter, transmission, and model base, S or GTS.

·
Registered
188 Posts
As i currently own a 718 Boxster and a Tesla Model 3 I have no rear wipers on any of my cars.
Having owned a handful of hatchbacks I must admit it can be very practical, but on cars where the rear window angle is closer to horisontal than vertical, it is not really needed.
Agreed. I find it useful on my VW GTI, on which it is nearly vertical. Will avoid that option for my 718 (whenever I can finally order it) since it is so sharply raked. That, and as you use it, it ever so slightly marks the glass, and so it will always have a wiping pattern as I see on my GTI.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts