Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hurricane Harvey, the Port of Houston, and (possibly) your 718

This is what I feared earlier this month.

Anyone who has a 718 (or any car) currently at, or scheduled to arrive at, the Port of Houston in the next several days will want to pay very close attention to this storm. Though the hurricane is expected to make landfall just north of Corpus Christi as a Category 3 -- the most powerful hurricane to hit the U.S. in more than a decade -- it's also expected to stall over the Texas Gulf Coast, meaning lots and lots and lots (did I say lots?) of flooding for an area of the country that's already had more than its share of that the past 2-3 years.

Not good. At all.

·
Registered
84 Posts
This is what I feared earlier this month.

Anyone who has a 718 (or any car) currently at, or scheduled to arrive at, the Port of Houston in the next several days will want to pay very close attention to this storm. Though the hurricane is expected to make landfall just north of Corpus Christi as a Category 3 -- the most powerful hurricane to hit the U.S. in more than a decade -- it's also expected to stall over the Texas Gulf Coast, meaning lots and lots and lots (did I say lots?) of flooding for an area of the country that's already had more than its share of that the past 2-3 years.

Not good. At all.
Some of these predicted rainfall totals of 30"+ in the Houston area are surreal.:eek:

·
Super Moderator
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some of these predicted rainfall totals of 30"+ in the Houston area are surreal.:eek:
Quite surreal. Houston's already one of most flood-prone cities in the country. This could easily shut down the city for days, and parts of it for weeks. Then there's Galveston and all those homes on the coast ...

Regarding the Port and Porsches: At least this is hitting during the European plant shutdown season, so the influx of cars is very low right now ... but the lot is right off Buffalo Bayou about 7 miles southeast of downtown, which is one of the lowest parts of the city. It ain't gonna be pretty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts