Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Nope... Time to sell the car!
Well, I don't know. According to @CaymanMatt it is not just unique, but very unique. And also the one and only. Apparently it's the onliest car of its kind. If you want it it's going to cost you.

Premium Member
Ever heard a grown man scream like a little girl in total fear? That would be me if there were a spider on me!

Super Moderator
I've jumped like that with a spider like that!鈥攅ven though the Australian huntsman spider is harmless.

Registered
I've jumped like that with a spider like that!鈥攅ven though the Australian huntsman spider is harmless.
Aren't ALL your snakes poisonous? What's with the wimpy spiders?

Super Moderator
Aren't ALL your snakes poisonous? What's with the wimpy spiders?
Not all the snakes are venomous, there are lots of 'constrictor' and other ones that aren't. It's just that many of the venomous ones we have are among the most dangerous in the world. The eastern brown is VERY venomous and will rear up and attack as high as thigh level! I've had one on my back porch.

The huntsman spider, like the one in the video, is harmless, but we have a black widow equivalent (the redback) which is everywhere. The nastiest spider I know, the Sydney Funnel-Web, is fortunately only close to Sydney (I'm a long way away), is tied for the most dangerous toxin in the world, and has been known to be aggressive and attack. I was getting a drink of water one night at a friend's place and encountered one on the kitchen floor. He reared up on his hind legs and moved towards my bare feet. I went back to bed thirsty.

Registered
Not all the snakes are venomous, there are lots of 'constrictor' and other ones that aren't. It's just that many of the venomous ones we have are among the most dangerous in the world. The eastern brown is VERY venomous and will rear up and attack as high as thigh level! I've had one on my back porch.

The huntsman spider, like the one in the video, is harmless, but we have a black widow equivalent (the redback) which is everywhere. The nastiest spider I know, the Sydney Funnel-Web, is fortunately only close to Sydney (I'm a long way away), is tied for the most dangerous toxin in the world, and has been known to be aggressive and attack. I was getting a drink of water one night at a friend's place and encountered one on the kitchen floor. He reared up on his hind legs and moved towards my bare feet. I went back to bed thirsty.
Ah, thanks for the clarification. On second thought, I must have gotten the idea from one of my favorite Australian-related movies, "Father Goose"!

Registered
The nastiest spider I know, the Sydney Funnel-Web, is fortunately only close to Sydney (I'm a long way away), is tied for the most dangerous toxin in the world, and has been known to be aggressive and attack. I was getting a drink of water one night at a friend's place and encountered one on the kitchen floor. He reared up on his hind legs and moved towards my bare feet. I went back to bed thirsty.
Sorry, there is just no way I would live in a place that has these things running around!馃槥 I appreciate spiders but when they start attacking, I'm out'a there!馃槤

Registered
2017 Boxster 718S Graphite Blue

Come on they鈥檙e so friendly!....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered
Haha! I was going to say, "Come on in, but leave your spider at the door!"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts