Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know as 718 owners, we already know how great our cars are, but Car and Driver have recently published a piece that encapsulates it really well. To quote one part... "If there's an automotive engineer active today developing anything—anything, any model, any type of vehicle—who hasn't driven a 718, then that person doesn't really understand what good is."

Worth a read... Caranddriver.com

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Already read it. Worth a read, indeed. C&D has been enamored with the Cayman for a long time, for much the same reasons then as now. It's good to see the great press. 👍

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I know as 718 owners, we already know how great our cars are, but Car and Driver have recently published a piece that encapsulates it really well. To quote one part... "If there's an automotive engineer active today developing anything—anything, any model, any type of vehicle—who hasn't driven a 718, then that person doesn't really understand what good is."

Worth a read... Caranddriver.com
There was a related top 15 list that notes how many times a particular model has been on the annual top 10 lists in the past 30-plus years and the Boxster/Cayman has made the top three on the list.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I switched my personalized plate to 10 BEST this year to honor the Cayman / Boxster's perennial recognition as one of the world's best automobiles. It really is a great joy to drive and is probably the best chassis available in a street car for less than $100K (mostly).

·
Registered
530 Posts
Lovely; let me pick one nit.

It may sound better, buy why is everyone obligated to make quantitative mention of the 4.0 NA6 redline? It's not like the T4's stop at 5500. What's my redline - 7400 in normal mode; higher in Sport and Sport+? And it sounds good up there, too - just like the NA6 does.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Lovely; let me pick one nit.

It may sound better, buy why is everyone obligated to make quantitative mention of the 4.0 NA6 redline? It's not like the T4's stop at 5500. What's my redline - 7400 in normal mode; higher in Sport and Sport+? And it sounds good up there, too - just like the NA6 does.
I think journalists got a memo saying that they can never provide any positive praise for the sound of the flat 4. All that matters is that may of us that own the car love the sound and appreciate how magical that motor really is.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I think journalists got a memo saying that they can never provide any positive praise for the sound of the flat 4. All that matters is that may of us that own the car love the sound and appreciate how magical that motor really is.
If you've noticed, all these dips*ts are now singing the praise of the Cayman T. Same engine, same sound as always but now it's magically good. Really irritating!😞

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I don't love the sound of my 718 Cayman S (although I enjoy it...) I LOVE THE TURBO PERFORMANCE of the little monster!... And the chassis that goes with it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts