Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Porsche revealed their new TT 4.0L V8. Pushing out 542hp, this thing looks pretty intense... Something in me just keeps wondering what it would be like to stuff one of these in to one of the 718s :|

"Porsche unveils a new twin-turbocharged V-8 direct-injection gasoline engine set to power future incarnations of its Panamera Turbo and Cayenne Turbo.
Presented at the Vienna Motor Symposium, the 4.0L unit, which will migrate to other Volkswagen Group models from Audi, Bentley and Lamborghini, forms part of a range of new modular V-6 and V-8 gasoline engines jointly developed by Porsche and Audi."

·
Registered
107 Posts
Other than throwing off the weight balance completely, It would make for a seriously fun car I think. But. the dynamics would be completely destroyed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well being a small V8, running that in the 718 without throwing off weight balance like crazy could be possible, but it all depends on what they have done to reduce weight with materials used to create it. And I can imagine they used a lot of aluminum.

·
Registered
459 Posts
A good example, although not German, is the Toyota 1UZ engine in a 90's Miata, it's just about the perfect combination for track or street. I bet even some 718 owners here will love to have one:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
God that exhaust tone ! But yes, the 1UZ I have always been fond of. Bulletproof engines. I'm actually very surprised at how track-able that Miata is though, Looks like it's handling the motor set up very well though

·
Registered
157 Posts
If we ever do see the TT 4.0L V8 in the Porsche 718 Boxster, it'll probably be in the Cayman model since retractable hardtops adds on additional weight, something that needs to be reduced to compensate for the V8's weight.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Definitely, not only the weight, but I'm pretty sure swapping a v8 into a boxster would require a full cage, etc. just to keep everything safe and tight

1 - 8 of 8 Posts