Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got quoted to install techart lowering springs, alignment and fix any codes $1400 total, that seem right??

·
Registered
161 Posts
All I can say is if it cost $1400 to
Install a &400 piece of equipment, I’d likely not do it. ?
Seems high but it’s a Porsche so not surprised.

Rippey

·
Registered
275 Posts
Also, I would do the work myself, but I can’t do alignments in my garage. And I would rather get it all done at once. I do need to ask my dealership the cost. They are actually pretty good on pricing.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I read somewhere (one of these forums) to let the springs settle before doing the alignment. I’m looking to get lowering springs but trying to get 20” wheels as well and do everything together. Would be a drastic change for sure.

Rippey

Reactions: TEST DRyVer

·
Vendor
308 Posts
We charge 4 hours plus alighment. ~$500 for the install. The springs are $495 so you're under a grand out the door.

I got quoted to install techart lowering springs, alignment and fix any codes $1400 total, that seem right??

·
Registered
388 Posts
I read somewhere (one of these forums) to let the springs settle before doing the alignment. I’m looking to get lowering springs but trying to get 20” wheels as well and do everything together. Would be a drastic change for sure.

Rippey
I completely agree! I would hold off on the alignment till the springs have settled. Also, if you're going with a minor drop (1 inch or less), an alignment is not completely necessary. I know many members will disagree with that last statement, but that's my opinion based on several cars I've had modified. But if you want to do it the "proper Porsche way", they will recommend an alignment even if the drop is .4 of an inch...

·
Registered
388 Posts
Techart springs are already expensive at around $600, add that to a proper alignment that a Porsche Dealership will literally take a few hours to do, just for the alignment portion, and your price is pretty right on... You can save a bit by getting the work done at a Porsche specialty shop vs a dealership, but that's $200 in savings at best.
Now if you went with H&R and had the install and alignment done at a Porsche specialty shop, you might be around $1k or less, out the door. That being said, if money is less of an object and you want the best possible ride quality for your 718, Techart is likely the best one you can buy... At least at this time.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I was quoted $440 for an alignment (it is actually $660 since I have ACC and LCA)

I’m going to first order my 20” and install them first, see how it looks then get lowering springs and only after that do the alignment.

Anyone know where I can get springs installed in NJ? I was just going to goto Mavis as they are up the street.

Rippey

·
Vendor
308 Posts
Wow! That's what we charge for a corner balance and alignment..

I was quoted $440 for an alignment (it is actually $660 since I have ACC and LCA)

I’m going to first order my 20” and install them first, see how it looks then get lowering springs and only after that do the alignment.

Anyone know where I can get springs installed in NJ? I was just going to goto Mavis as they are up the street.

Rippey

·
Registered
10 Posts
SoCal area springs installation for Porsche Cayman 718 $390.00. Ray @ 626.374.3269

My setup came out bad455 with TechART springs.

Wheel alignment was $90 bucks, Carlos 626.444.1501

·
Registered
161 Posts
I found a place in NJ that will do the spring install and do the alignment for about $900. I think that may be the best I can do. First have to get my Michelin PS4S tires to install my 20” but with snow today, now I’ll wait u til end of April to install.

Rippey

1 - 12 of 12 Posts