Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gorgeous fitment, looks really clean man. Few questions, did you get the H&R Sport Springs with or without PASM? Asking because one is lower than the other. Also, what is your wheel diameter and width?
Thanks!

I had standard suspension with the 20" Carrera S wheels

The springs are the same regardless if you have PASM or not, it just takes into account the 10mm difference when it says how much it will lower your car. ie it will lower non pasm cars about 35mm and pasm cars 25mm so they will both have the same ride height once installed if that makes any sense

·
Registered
69 Posts
Stop showing me these things. I really hate the way my stock ride height looks, but really appreciate not having a lowered car for once. lol

Looks fantastic, where did you get your spacers?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stop showing me these things. I really hate the way my stock ride height looks, but really appreciate not having a lowered car for once. lol

Looks fantastic, where did you get your spacers?

haha...dude, I'm shocked how close the ride quality is compared to stock and with the front end design of the 718 you won't be scraping anywhere , unless you find some horrible parking lot entrance maybe.

got the spacers here
...just make sure you check every single bolt length 😅

·
Registered
541 Posts
haha...dude, I'm shocked how close the ride quality is compared to stock and with the front end design of the 718 you won't be scraping anywhere , unless you find some horrible parking lot entrance maybe.

got the spacers here
...just make sure you check every single bolt length 😅
Putting spacers on effectively changes your suspension geometry. By pushing the wheel out, you have increased the leverage on the springs by lengthening the distance between the wheel and fulcrum point (where your control arms attach) thereby softening the suspension. So the spacers have just counteracted the stiffer springs. It will also make steering feel slightly lighter on center and load up more when turning to where you will get the perception that you are pulling more Gs based on steering effort in a steady state sweeper for example, yet you will not actually be going any faster, just the steering loads up more due to geometry change.

Also, FYI, you really should check the bolt length as mentioned. I bought aftermarket bolts for a 10mm spacer and and I was not able to get the minimum recommended turns from thread engagement. I ended up buying a 15mm longer bolts for the 10mm spacer to get the correct minimum bite.

Porsche bolts are 14x1.5 and 9.5 turns minimum is recommended. You should take one off, and once the thread engages, count the number of turns you get until tight. You should be able to get 9.5 turns. The bolt will go in 1.5mm per rotation. 9.5x1.5mm per rotation = 14.25 mm of thread depth. This gives you 1x the bolt diameter in thread depth.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
2018 Cayman GTS
8 Posts
Thanks!

I had standard suspension with the 20" Carrera S wheels

The springs are the same regardless if you have PASM or not, it just takes into account the 10mm difference when it says how much it will lower your car. ie it will lower non pasm cars about 35mm and pasm cars 25mm so they will both have the same ride height once installed if that makes any sense

Ohh gotcha. Makes more sense now, thanks. How wide are your wheels and tires?

·
Registered
2017 Cayman Base | Jet Black Metallic | Sport Chrono | 20" Carrera S Wheels
169 Posts
Looks good. If you're anywhere near Orange County it'd be fun to meet up once I pick up my Cayman from TX. Mine (will be) jet black metallic but with the same wheels. I'd like to see this in person to figure out how I feel about dropping 35mm. :cool:

Reactions: Socal_718
1 - 9 of 9 Posts