Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Porsche 718 Spyder
18 Posts
As others have said, and to add my testimony, CarLinkIt 3 is flawless. Just completed a nine hour road trip with zero glitches or issues. It was just seemless; quick reconnects when getting back in the car, no stutters, nothing. Just consistently reliable wireless CarPlay! The only mild negative I can say is that there is a slightly increased delay from when I click “next track” on the Porsche controls and when the actual action happens in CarPlay. But that’s it. Voice control works, “Hey Siri” works, just great! Coupled with the MagSafe charger and the RennLine mount, it’s a slick setup!
Gear shift Motor vehicle Car Blue Steering wheel
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Auto part

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,254 Posts
As others have said, and to add my testimony, CarLinkIt 3 is flawless. Just completed a nine hour road trip with zero glitches or issues. It was just seemless; quick reconnects when getting back in the car, no stutters, nothing. Just consistently reliable wireless CarPlay! The only mild negative I can say is that there is a slightly increased delay from when I click “next track” on the Porsche controls and when the actual action happens in CarPlay. But that’s it. Voice control works, “Hey Siri” works, just great! Coupled with the MagSafe charger and the RennLine mount, it’s a slick setup! View attachment 43698 View attachment 43699
Great idea attaching the wireless link to the underside of the armrest cover. Why didn't I think of that? Just put over 3k miles on Bumblebee in six days of driving through 14 states. Car Play worked without a hitch up and down the Eastern seaboard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
As others have said, and to add my testimony, CarLinkIt 3 is flawless. Just completed a nine hour road trip with zero glitches or issues. It was just seemless; quick reconnects when getting back in the car, no stutters, nothing. Just consistently reliable wireless CarPlay! The only mild negative I can say is that there is a slightly increased delay from when I click “next track” on the Porsche controls and when the actual action happens in CarPlay. But that’s it. Voice control works, “Hey Siri” works, just great! Coupled with the MagSafe charger and the RennLine mount, it’s a slick setup! View attachment 43698 View attachment 43699
how did you wire the MagSafe?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts