Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All:

I'm the happy and proud 1st time Porsche owner of a 718 Boxter. However, unfortunately I've struggled to get iPods working within the car. Even with the help of the salesman, my original iPod Classic 80GBs device failed to connect, so I bought a generation six 128GBs iPod Touch. Upon connecting to the USB port, the multimedia screen displayed "Loading Source". After a few minutes the display changed to "Creating Music Database" where it remained for about 15 mins. Eventually the music was uploaded but all I was able to play was about 5 seconds of ACDC's Sin City (bless the legend Bon Scott!). And that was it. I tried reconnecting whereby it went through that whole process again, this time with no result. I also tried connecting with Bluetooth but it failed. There is about 70+GBs of music on the device so maybe that's an issue? Has anyone experienced the same issue and/or has any helpful advice? Cheers!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm having trouble with my iPod also. It shows up in the PCM and plays whatever was playing before I plugged it in, but there's no way to change what you're listening to through the PCM. I think there are supposed to be extra buttons that let you get to artists and playlists and search along the button, but they don't show up. I tried 2 different 160GB iPod classics and a 64GB iPod touch.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Still having trouble with my iPods. Took my car to the dealer and they tried it. It didn't work for them either. They opened a P-ticket (?) with Porsche. They also hinted at a software update that might be available in October that might address this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts