Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've scoured the forum and not bee able to find a definitive answer...and since I'm considering optioning it in, I'd like to hear from you. It's a simple question:

Is the optional "Brushed aluminium interior package (with standard interior)" interior actually metal, or just a different looking plastic like the standard interior trim bits?

Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I’ve optioned this too, having seen an example of the aluminium trim at the dealer. He had a genuine piece of 911 dashboard trim half the width of the car hanging off the wall that you could pick up and play with. Very nice. He told me it was aluminium and it sure felt like it. Cool to the touch. Said it was the same material optioned in the 718. Pretty sure that wasn’t plastic but now you’ve mentioned it, I’ll double check next time I’m there!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for the replies - you've confirmed what I was hoping. This forum is a great source of info / stories / ideas / opinions - much appreciated.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Mine is real metal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The brushed aluminum is definitely metal - I swapped out the stock glossy plastic trim for the brushed aluminum in my 981. Night and day difference to the touch, plus you won't get those annoying reflections/glare spots that occur with the crappy glossy plastic.
I highly recommend this option!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts