Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you prefer to De-badging your Porsche? I have removed the Cayman 718 S from my vehicle for a cleaner look. Does anybody really need to know what type of Porsche your driving. Let 'em guess what type of Porsche I’m driving because most none Porsche drivers do not have a clue. I pull off the badges because I don’t want people to know what I have. Basically, everyone in Europe de-badges their luxury vehicles except in the US.

·
Registered
26 Posts
How many of you prefer to De-badging your Porsche? I have removed the Cayman 718 S from my vehicle for a cleaner look. Does anybody really need to know what type of Porsche your driving. Let 'em guess what type of Porsche I’m driving because most none Porsche drivers do not have a clue. I pull off the badges because I don’t want people to know what I have. Basically, everyone in Europe de-badges their luxury vehicles except in the US.
View attachment 33131
Mine came with just 718 on the back, and we had it changed to 718 Boxster S. Just thought it looked better, but its all up to your personal preference. Jump in and drive...

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm a fan of de-badging for a cleaner look, plus it makes detailing easier. I also figure since Porsche offers the option from the factory it's not necessarily a custom change. I don't mind the badges so much on the 718 (although I'm not a fan of the door stickers), but on my used 991 with both Porsche and 911 Turbo badges it just looked busy to me. Although on that car I removed both to paint correct it and ended up putting back a body colored Porsche badge because it looked a little off with nothing. I ordered my current BGTS with the badge and sticker delete since I would've pulled them off anyway.

Cars with a bunch of badges drive me nuts. Like the ones with engine badges, or my Wrangler coming with "trail rated' badges on the side. I also don't understand people driving around with dealer badges/stickers or dealer plate frames on nice cars, but I suppose most people wouldn't be comfortable removing the dealer badge or sticker themselves.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I prefer the anonymous approach and ordered without badges. I've also considered blacking out the lettering below the spoiler but haven't done that yet. I know it's a Porsche and that is all that matters.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I prefer the anonymous approach and ordered without badges. I've also considered blacking out the lettering below the spoiler but haven't done that yet. I know it's a Porsche and that is all that matters.
I remember after I de-badged everything on my Wrangler my father nearly lost his mind at the very concept and asked, "how will people know it's a Jeep?" I didn't even know what to say to that.

This just reminded me of a conversation I had in my Boxster a few weeks ago at a stoplight where someone was asking me what kind of car it was...I thought it odd at the time, but now it makes more sense in the context of it not having a badge.

·
Registered
2020 Boxster 718 S, Chalk, "Bella Beast"
61 Posts
Mine has 'Boxster 718 S', and just two days ago was taking the effort to detail around the letters--I was thinking "I should take most or all of that off, perhaps just leave '718'."

I didn't look close enough to see if '718' would be offcentered. I assume double-stick tape.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mine has 'Boxster 718 S', and just two days ago was taking the effort to detail around the letters--I was thinking "I should take most or all of that off, perhaps just leave '718'."

I didn't look close enough to see if '718' would be offcentered. I assume double-stick tape.
Yes to double stick tape. I assume it's 718 Boxster S and would be off-center. Fun one on the 991 is the P-O-R-S-C-H-E letters are actually on a slight curve due to the bumper shape and come as individual letters...I've seen people re-badge those with the letters straight across and it looks odd. Porsche body shops have a pile of various templates to use to put on the various combinations of badges.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I've de-badged several of my Porsches. It depended on what they were. I would not de-badge a GTS. I am not going to de-badge my T when I get it but I did have the writing on the lower part of the doors removed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I went with the "718" only badge from the factory and really like it. Keeping it simple. I do like that Porsche lets you choose, which badge or lack of badge you prefer.

·
Registered
2021 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
104 Posts
I like the full badging on the rear. It adds another black accent to go with the wheels, wing and door handles, and the general blacked out GTS theme. Plus, I don't want people to think I'm trying to disguise it as a 911. Kind of like people putting AMG badges on non-AMG cars. That may seem silly, but that's me.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Mine came with just the 718 badge, which is probably the one I'd have chosen had I spec’d the car myself. "718 Cayman" looks a bit too busy. No badge at all looks a little bit weird. Just the 718 badge for me is the ideal balance point.

I wrapped it in satin black though because I thought it suited the car better than the chrome badge, considering my car has de satin black wheels, smoked lights, black exhaust tips...

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I didn't configure my car, just took what the dealer had and which I liked. It had the factory "remove badge - no charge" option. Which is to say it does not say Cayman. I like it like that, clean, simple.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a black GTS , and I have been thinking about removing the "GTS" from my doors since it's also black . At least on the rear the badges are visible because they are deep .

1 - 20 of 41 Posts