Porsche 718 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ordered a Boxster T and left the door sticker on. Kinda hummed and hawed on that one, but figured I could peel it off if I want once I see it in the flesh. I’ve always thought the script on the back was waaay to much and changed that to 718.

·
Registered
365 Posts
My badges are blacked anyway, 718 S, and happy with that, don’t care if it makes sense or not to anyone else, btw,
Regarding dealer badges/logos/number plates, I have always removed all dealer embellishments as soon as I could, no free advertising from me😉

·
Registered
193 Posts
Regarding dealer badges/logos/number plates, I have always removed all dealer embellishments as soon as I could, no free advertising from me😉
Same here. I always kindly ask the dealer to remove it before picking up the vehicle unless they offer me some extra discount for the advertisement.

·
Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
1,407 Posts
It may depend somewhat on car color. On my agate gray, the badge doesn't seem to jump out at all.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I specified the "Deletion of Model Designation on Rear" option when ordering the 2018 Cayman. I think it looks nicer without the badge on the 982 models, especially on black cars with the clear tail lights (like mine). On the 981 Cayman, with the chrome PORSCHE letters located in a different place and Cayman located just below, it looks fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
How many of you prefer to De-badging your Porsche? I have removed the Cayman 718 S from my vehicle for a cleaner look. Does anybody really need to know what type of Porsche your driving. Let 'em guess what type of Porsche I’m driving because most none Porsche drivers do not have a clue. I pull off the badges because I don’t want people to know what I have. Basically, everyone in Europe de-badges their luxury vehicles except in the US.
View attachment 33131
Does the car need any badging? If you can't tell its a Porsche at first glance, you are not a car fanatic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm a fan of de-badging for a cleaner look, plus it makes detailing easier. I also figure since Porsche offers the option from the factory it's not necessarily a custom change. I don't mind the badges so much on the 718 (although I'm not a fan of the door stickers), but on my used 991 with both Porsche and 911 Turbo badges it just looked busy to me. Although on that car I removed both to paint correct it and ended up putting back a body colored Porsche badge because it looked a little off with nothing. I ordered my current BGTS with the badge and sticker delete since I would've pulled them off anyway.

Cars with a bunch of badges drive me nuts. Like the ones with engine badges, or my Wrangler coming with "trail rated' badges on the side. I also don't understand people driving around with dealer badges/stickers or dealer plate frames on nice cars, but I suppose most people wouldn't be comfortable removing the dealer badge or sticker themselves.
I agree with de-badging the car, especially the dealer advertising.
Any car I purchase, I tell them I will not take delivery if they put a glue on badge for their dealership.
I will accept a license plate frame, which I do keep on for a few months until I get around to buying something more appropriate.
I personally do not like any badging, but why do I want to advertise for the dealership?
I looks really crappy and makes detailing the car difficult.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It may depend somewhat on car color. On my agate gray, the badge doesn't seem to jump out at all.

View attachment 33142
Interesting you mention this in gray. I just picked up a similar shade grey Forte GT for my kid and we were talking about whether to de-badge. I think the chrome badge looks fine on this shade of grey. What got me on my black 991 was the only chrome was the badges and the headlight washers (which I painted). It just looked out of place to me. But then I removed the badges to do paint correction and thought it looked too naked so replaced it with the body colored Porsche like the factory option. Although when I got the car it had the red taillights, no tint, and espresso/cognac interior...with the chrome badges it all looked old man to me. Which I guess I am getting to be.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Interesting you mention this in gray. I just picked up a similar shade grey Forte GT for my kid and we were talking about whether to de-badge. I think the chrome badge looks fine on this shade of grey. What got me on my black 991 was the only chrome was the badges and the headlight washers (which I painted). It just looked out of place to me. But then I removed the badges to do paint correction and thought it looked too naked so replaced it with the body colored Porsche like the factory option. Although when I got the car it had the red taillights, no tint, and espresso/cognac interior...with the chrome badges it all looked old man to me. Which I guess I am getting to be.

View attachment 33146

View attachment 33147

View attachment 33148
The body color Porsche badge looks fantastic you did a great job.

·
Registered
134 Posts
There's no good idea or bad idea to it. It's a personal decision and Porsche feels the same way by offering the choice of debadged, color matched, black, or chrome (except for the GTS) from the factory.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm a fan of debadging. I love that Porsche allows options - very cool. On the Cayman 982's I think the way they put PORSCHE on it is well done and enough for this car. So i'm ordering without it. Plus, I intend to fully PPF the entire car, so they would have to come off anyway. And the backs of cars get so dusty, that not having lettering back there makes it easier to clean.

On the doors, I've gone back and forth. I was going to go old school with script lettering made to say GTS 4.0 but that was when I was doing yellow or Lava. Now that I'm going Aventurine Green, I'm thinking I'll get the factory lettering on the door and PPF over it. (Hey, people can still see it's the big boy 4.0, but they'll have to look a little closer now.)

I did consider adding custom GTS 4.0 to the rear similar to the custom GTS above.

No wrong answers there!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Totally a personal preference, the Porsche lettering is ok but I am not a fan of too much ornamentation so I would (and did) take the delete option on the name script. To my eye, some of the more "swoopy" lettering tends toward cheap and cartoony. Some like the 981 in ArchiProf's pics look great. Look at some and decide what you like best, no wrong answer, go have fun:)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had the 718 Boxster GTS removed from the back and bought a GTS emblem to replace those. Black GT and red S.
GTS emblem on the back is something I'm considering. Your idea of different colors is cool too.

Where did you find the logos? Got link?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Interesting topic. Thought long and hard when ordering. In the end I opted for minimalism with no badges, thinking it easier to add if later I changed my mind, than remove factory fitted lettering. Pleased with the result - so far!

·
Registered
24 Posts
GTS emblem on the back is something I'm considering. Your idea of different colors is cool too.

Where did you find the logos? Got link?
I got it on eBay for pretty cheap. I couldn't find my original order, but this is similar:

I can post a pic if you want.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster GTS 4.0
17 Posts
Default was "718 Boxster GTS" in black and "Porsche" in silver. I deleted the former and optioned the latter in black. I prefer the more subdued look, since a bright yellow Porsche already stands out.

I did keep the "GTS 4.0" on the door, though.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts