Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am reading lots of conflicting information everywhere. Some say the 981 GT4 is limited to 2,500 cars worldwide, some say it's not. Some sources say the 982 (aka 718) is unlimited production.

Anyone has insights on the actual production numbers of GT4?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I am reading lots of conflicting information everywhere. Some say the 981 GT4 is limited to 2,500 cars worldwide, some say it's not. Some sources say the 982 (aka 718) is unlimited production
Anyone has insights on the actual production numbers of GT4?
It’s limited to whoever can afford one 😄

·
Registered
996 Posts
981 GT4 was a limited run of 2500 units. The 982 GT4 isn't a limited run but trying to get hold of one is another matter!

·
Registered
813 Posts
When a car is strictly a limited production run vehicle it is usually declared before the vehicle goes on sale. For example, Porsche specifically stated they would only build 1,948 991.2 Speedsters and each car has a plaque stating the number of the car out of 1,948. To my knowledge Porsche never specifically stated how many 981 GT4s they would build, so it would be stretching it to say it was an officially defined production run of 2,500 cars.

Having said that all models are by default "limited" in terms of the number of cars that are/were produced. This is particularly true for Porsche where they have a defined number of build slots per year for each model variant, which effectively defines how many of each variant will be built. For example, outside of the 9912.2 Speedster, the 991.2 Carrera T probably has the lowest production numbers of any 991.2 variant (generally considered to be between 2 and 2.3k) as, along with the 991.2 GT3 Touring, it was effectively the last of the 991.2 model range that went into production.

·
Registered
111 Posts
At the recent Los Angeles Auto Show launch, Porsche unequivocally stated that the new GT4 RS is not a limited production car but good luck getting one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts