Porsche 718 Forum banner

Jukebox Storage

21850 Views 49 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Cay_OK
I was reading about the Jukebox storage feature in advance of taking delivery of my car and I have a few questions someone may be able to shed some light on:

1. Has anyone loaded music to Jukebox and is it a time consuming process?
2. is he jukebox storage on the Cayman and Boxster only 11GB?
3. can the storage capacity be increased (especially since I have about 30GB of music)?
4. I will load all my music on a pen drive and leave it in the glove compartment attached to the USB port.....question is it a slow process to retrieve the music from a USB device as the source? I will be using a 3.0 USB with up to 100MB/s read capability.....

If possible, I would much prefer being able to have all my music stored on the cars hard drive.........
1 - 3 of 50 Posts
Only 30GB of music??--I have 1TB+ so there is no hope of fitting it into the Jukebox and I haven't tried.

It is really easy to use a USB drive or an iPod. I have an old iPhone 4 that I use as an iPod and I record music from my favourite radio station's internet broadcast (Radio Paradise) and play that through the car. The reading is very fast and the playing so far has been faultless.

Greg
Reactions: 1
**Correction ~1300 days or 3.56 years......
Well, I have been asked if I'm going to be living in the car!:laugh:

Greg
My music is all stored as ALAC on my Mac in iTunes.
I just sync what I want to my iPod, and play the iPod from the USB connection.
I assume I could also just copy the music directly to an SD card. I also update frequently.

Greg
1 - 3 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.