Porsche 718 Forum banner
201 - 220 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Dumb question, once you've had the stage 3 notification "Your vehicle is scheduled for production" how long is it till you hit the actual production?
In my case it took months from V250 to V260 and since V260 (entering the body shop) it’s been 5 weeks and I still haven’t heard whether it’s reached V300 (finished production).

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
So my car was collected from my dealership this morning after having 2 new bonnet hinges fitted and the fit is as it should have been when it left the factory. The dealership has made the assumption that the fabric protective bonnet cover used during transit had become gathered at the hinge point and when the bonnet was closed the material bent the hinges. One of those things I suppose and I’m more than happy with the work completed by Road and Race Restorations in Manchester. You really cannot tell any work has been done on the car.
I am, once again, a happy bunny 😁😁

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
So my car was collected from my dealership this morning after having 2 new bonnet hinges fitted and the fit is as it should have been when it left the factory. The dealership has made the assumption that the fabric protective bonnet cover used during transit had become gathered at the hinge point and when the bonnet was closed the material bent the hinges. One of those things I suppose and I’m more than happy with the work completed by Road and Race Restorations in Manchester. You really cannot tell any work has been done on the car.
I hope the feedback gets back to Porsche AG - if the shipping protection materials are creating damage, they could make changes to that procedure

Reactions: Raven

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm stunned that this hasn't been picked up previously and then reported back to Porsche.

OK it was a hinge this time but next time it might be a carbon bonnet that gets damaged.

I know during handover time it's difficult not to be swept up in the excitement but even when we picked up our humble EV6 I was over it with an inspection light and pointed a few things out (I am weird).

It would have been nice if it was spotted pre handover and rectified before you were within 200m of the car.

Either way I'm glad it's all sorted and it's armed us all with another check come handover time.

You have my eternal thanks Sir!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I mailed my SA and he sent me a screen shot. A recent mail exchange confirmed I'm at V333 now.

So on target for an early November delivery!

(the app hasn't updated at all and still has me at stage 3)
Thanks for letting me know! I just got the notification about being scheduled for production (stage 3) but am still 20ish days out from my freeze point. I'm wondering if it is ahead of schedule and what that could me for my timeline. That would be awesome if it was here sooner than later.

201 - 220 of 223 Posts