Porsche 718 Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congratulations! Is it sticker price ? Not sure if UK has additional dealer markups like here in the US.
Generally here the price you see is the price you pay,, although a brand new car will also have a little extra added known as "On the road" cost. That covers the delivery cost to dealer, the registration and one years road tax of the car with the government, and making number plates. On a GTS 4.0 that totals £1965

·
Registered
7 Posts
We put a deposit down 2 weeks ago. It all depends what allocations your OPC gets each quarter.
Congrats. I'm still awaiting allocation after depost paid in Mid September. SA says expect an allocation in December for April delivery. Was yours a cancellation slot that became avaiable?..BTW, I'm still playing with the configs..and noted a base price increase. No change in option prices though.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
If your car is a MY22, which it will be if its an April delivery, Porsche will honour the price before the uplift. Personally I find the configurator great fun but it can also be a nightmare with the different configurations available. My GTS build was relatively easy as I did all the hard work and sleepless nights on my current Cayman. The leap into the unknown.. if this a good choice.. will PASM be too low....do I really need this...which colour suits these wheels best... the list goes on.

For me its easiest to start with a model first, then colours and wheels at the same time. Know what options 'should' already be in a car that costs this much and what you must have. For me those are options such as dual climate, auto dimming mirrors (the car is very low and headlight do dazzle you from behind), speed limit indicator etc, then move onto the niceties; leather, extended leather, carbon, seat belt colours, coloured dials etc etc. After which you can play about a bit.

Best advice, use the help of others, be open to opinions and don't take offence to any. Ask if this colour looks good with these wheels, should I have PASM or Sport Chrono and most importantly of all, stick to your budget and once you've built it and happy, send the final build to the dealer and forget about it. Review it a couple of days before freeze point and if there isn't an option that screams BUY ME, then leave alone. You'll love it when it arrives.

I enjoy the rush of buying a new car out of the box and making it my own...it's like a drug.

Dan

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
This is fantastic news @Scrounger and I'm elated you were moved up in build queue. She's absolutely beautiful and my guess is she'll only make your heart grow fonder in person. Cheers!

Reactions: Scrounger

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't know how the allocations work but we bought from Hennessey Atlanta and they are one of the largest in the US, if allocations are doled out in this way. We'll keep our fingers crossed. We currently have a 2019 Cayman S, not sure if we're going to sell it outright or trade. We'll have to wait and see how the market is closer to delivery
I also bought from Hennessey and the prices they are asking for certified cars now are nuts. It is Winter (well kind of being Atlanta) and who knows what the market looks like in the Spring. My reco is to go in with what would definitely be your 'sell today' price and see if they offer it. On the other hand if it's a question of a couple grand so you can drive it till your new one comes....well that's got it's own value.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts