1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Congrats. Color and options?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Congratulations! I would have a hard time staring at it in my garage and not taking it out for a spin... Then again, I left Detroit to live in Phoenix for a reason =)

Reactions: Gallatin

·
Registered
720 Posts
Congrats! I'm sort of in the same boat with my base 2018 Cayman here in New Jersey.

They use lots of salt here and it absolutely devoured my old daily-driver Miata.

But one of the (many) good things about the Cayman is that it is galvanized.....so it is much less likely to rust than most cars. I have a 2009 Chevy Express (race car tow van) and it is also galvanized. It's driven in all sorts of weather, is rarely washed and hasn't got a speck of rust.

I won't take my new Porsche out right after the salt truck goes by, but after a few days (and especially after a bit of rain to wash off the roads) I feel it's OK. I do wash it, especially the underside, after any recent drives.

But yes, overall, I can't wait until Spring when this is no longer a concern. Sometime I just go out and sit in my new car.....my wife thinks it hilarious. :)

Reactions: Ironman
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.