Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, I completed my trip from Portland Oregon to Cleveland Ohio via the coast line to San Diego and through Texas. It was a ball to wall run I must say. Here are some tibits...the rest will follow in an article I plan to do for some of the porsche mags.
I picked up my 2018 Cayman (with just over 6k in miles) from Porsche Beaverton just outside of Portland. A GT silver over agrate grey interior and drove it off the lot. I had purchased it unseen from Cleveland, and to be frank I had only test driven a 718 for a few miles in Cleveland, so driving across country with this car was going to be a absolute new experience for me. I had owned a few 911's in the past but after reading a ton and watching a few thousand Youtube vids on the 718 I was hooked on making that my next buy.
So, first day impression. OHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYY! As I fitted the car to my body and set off down the road headed for the PCH I was in heaven. **** thing was always asking for more but happy with what I was giving it. I just was smiling all the time. Then all of a sudden the road got winding....my god this thing is alive! I used to say that once you own a porsche you always want one. It sure was good to be home.
By the time I hit the town of Florence Oregon where I was spending the night I was just left amazed. Buttttt it was waking up the next day and walking out seeing this fantastic car that shook me again....it was mine and I had thousands of miles yet to go!!!!!!
More later and this time I promise to post a picture or two. Cheers, D

·
Registered
720 Posts
Very cool. Look forward to photos.

·
Registered
15 Posts
]
All, I completed my trip from Portland Oregon to Cleveland Ohio via the coast line to San Diego and through Texas. It was a ball to wall run I must say. Here are some tibits...the rest will follow in an article I plan to do for some of the porsche mags.
I imagine you had a great drive. I also picked up a Boxster (987 S) in Portland and drove down the coast to the SF Bay Area. That was my 1st Porsche, and I definitely enjoyed the trip. The only issue - the original owner had ordered the hard top option, so I couldn’t wait to get home to drive it topless.

I also did 2 coast-to-coast trips on a Harley. The first to Atlanta and back, and a few years later to Buffalo and back. I took different routes on all 4 crossings, but anyway you go this is one **** beautiful country we live in. Looking forward to reading more about your trip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts