Porsche 718 Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
I get a kick out of the OP's lament. I had a conversation with a guy at a P-Car collector market (insane collection in their climate controlled garage). He's been into, of course, air cooled flat sixes for so long that they define for him what a Porsche should sound like. Lucky me I haven't been driving them all these years, just lusting after them, so I never learned that there's only one sound that they're supposed to make in order to be a Porsche.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
You cannot hear your car when you are actually going fast. You cannot hear anything with any definition when you are going fast. If you hear your car's exhaust and are thinking about it carefully, you are driving slowly.

·
Registered
97 Posts
it's the best one they made in my opinion. i just do not buy used cars, otherwise i would hit that like a crack pipe. Perfect 718 is the CGTS 2.5/365 hp i feel
It is a seriously fun car to drive, especially when you learn to drive around the "naturally aspirated" ECU programming they included which is overeager to dump boost. At full boost this car throws me back more forcefully than my prior car - 505 HP Giulia Quadrifoglio.

I can only imagine what this car drives like when tuned.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone, so after searching for a car that was right for me, I settled on a 2020 718 Boxster. The car is gorgeous and I get so much more excited for this car than my old one. I have always wanted a Porsche sports car in the color of my choice and I seemingly got it. I knew this car was 4 cylinder and I was mainly looking at the speed of the car and the ability it has to be driven.

Come to find out, a Porsche sports car needs a 6 cylinder to be a Porsche.😱 Honestly I didn't even consider it an issue until I started reading the Internets opinion on the car. I guess I can't like my car any more. 😔

How did you get over the fact that most car bros think our cars sound bad?
I can only think that that you are being sarcastic. I have been driving my 2018 718 S Boxster for two months now. The sound is fantastic as well as the acceleration and the way it handles. It is not the 911 bit just different. As for the nattering nabobs of negativism forget them.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts