Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, due to some housing market circumstances, we have decided to put off moving to Florida for a few months, but since my car has arrived at the dealer, I will be flying down next week to pick her up and drive her all the way from Pompano Beach to Northern, NJ. The whole break-in period should be covered in this one trip!

Here are some pics that the dealer e-mailed me last evening....

Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Gear shift Speedometer
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Motor vehicle Window
Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Automotive design
Blue Vehicle Hood Car Automotive lighting
Speedometer Odometer Trip computer Vehicle Tachometer

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow congratulations!! and nice leather wrapped steering wheel. That is always checked on the builds i look at. looks awesome the whole thing
thanks man... it's funny, I made a post asking about the proper way to code the steering column leather with the deviated stitching. people here said to do it one way, and that the standard way would just have the espresso with espresso stitching, which would be inconsistent with the rest of the car. Anyway, my SA said he figured it out and coded it like "steering column leather in deviated color" or something like that. Anyway, the result is the cognac color as you see. Honestly, I like this better and however we got here, I think it's better than the espresso color for the steering column leather.

Complicated! But it all worked out... I was pretty sure that all of these colors would come together but I hadn't seen anything in person. I haven't even sat in a Cayman before at all!

·
Super Moderator
2,455 Posts
I will be flying down next week to pick her up and drive her all the way from Pompano Beach to Northern, NJ. The whole break-in period should be covered in this one trip!
You do realise that long stretches of highway and interstate driving for break-in are frowned upon by Porsche?

You must take all the byways and interesting diversions to keep your speed fluctuating and to use the gear box and brakes and suspension.

As well, to keep under the 4000 rpm limit, you'll have to stay under 93 miles per hour.🤣

It should be a great trip! 😀

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,654 Posts
Don't know about the color stuff (not your fault) but do have questions regarding taking your new beautiful baby North to NJ for the salty, inclement roads you'll be encountering. I have several good friends that are realtors here in Florida. Even though inventory is tight we'll find you something to keep you comfortable "where the Sun shines." :)

Actually, the point made by one of my choarts is correct. No I-95 for you. Actual milage from Miami to NYC is 1200 leaving you 800 short. Do the backroad trek and you'll arrive in NJ with a wide grin and a car ready to rumble.

·
Registered
267 Posts
So, due to some housing market circumstances, we have decided to put off moving to Florida for a few months, but since my car has arrived at the dealer, I will be flying down next week to pick her up and drive her all the way from Pompano Beach to Northern, NJ. The whole break-in period should be covered in this one trip!

Here are some pics that the dealer e-mailed me last evening....

View attachment 37283 View attachment 37284 View attachment 37285 View attachment 37286 View attachment 37287 View attachment 37288 View attachment 37289
Congratulations! From one Ahole to another - nicely done!

·
Registered
21 Boxster GTS 4.0 - Night Blue
626 Posts
Congrats, looks great! I agree on the "no I-95"! swing wide and hit moonshiner 28, dragon, and blue ridge parkway (weather allowing). Should be sufficiently twisty and hilly to break her in right! Pisgah Inn, Switzerland Inn (stayed there, great food) and Park Vista Inn are all places on the parkway to stay. Whatever route you take tho, I'm sure you'll enjoy the heck out of her!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You do realise that long stretches of highway and interstate driving for break-in are frowned upon by Porsche?

You must take all the byways and interesting diversions to keep your speed fluctuating and to use the gear box and brakes and suspension.

As well, to keep under the 4000 rpm limit, you'll have to stay under 93 miles per hour.🤣

It should be a great trip! 😀
haha thanks... in all seriousness, what is the break in period, exactly? keep it under 80 and 5000 RPM for 1200 miles or something?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats, looks great! I agree on the "no I-95"! swing wide and hit moonshiner 28, dragon, and blue ridge parkway (weather allowing). Should be sufficiently twisty and hilly to break her in right! Pisgah Inn, Switzerland Inn (stayed there, great food) and Park Vista Inn are all places on the parkway to stay. Whatever route you take tho, I'm sure you'll enjoy the heck out of her!
I would love to, but I'm stopping by Myrtle Beach to see my Mom and I have my dog at a sitter who can only take him for a certain amount of time.

I wish I wasn't driving the car at all up to NJ, but it's the right thing to do.

·
Premium Member
2022 Spyder
2,855 Posts
I would love to, but I'm stopping by Myrtle Beach to see my Mom and I have my dog at a sitter who can only take him for a certain amount of time.

I wish I wasn't driving the car at all up to NJ, but it's the right thing to do.
Did you consider having it brought up by truck? I'm asking because next week (or week after) I have the same decision to make in reverse. My car will be in NY and I need to get it down here to VA.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did you consider having it brought up by truck? I'm asking because next week (or week after) I have the same decision to make in reverse. My car will be in NY and I need to get it down here to VA.
Not really, I'm looking forward to the whole experience.. kind of like an adventure. I also get to see my Mother this way, who I don't see often. I just mean I wish I wasn't going to actually have the car in NJ and deal with another winter before buying a place in Fl.

Your Spyder arrives next week?

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.