Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TL/DR. This is just for fun, and from the I need to get a job file.......

Tequipment customization lives by the adage M i c k Jagger warned us about ie "you can't always get what you want".

Chalk/GTS-carmine is the configuration I've submitted. Chalk is a great but quiet color so I want the pop and warmth of the carmine inside. None of the other colors appeal to me. Or so I thought......

I was quibbling over those wheels (thanks everyone for your help) and someone posted a video of a review that showed the ones I was considering. It happened to be on a Lava Orange car. Hmmmm, is that the way to have it all, pop inside and out with a color that is pretty aggressive/look at me but I can't deny it's calling to me.

Go to change my configuration while I think about it. Not excited by the carmine trim/lava contrast, but I'm less excited by bringing the chalk inside where I have to stare at it on the tach right in front of me.

OK. Deviate the stitching to lava? Answer, "Nice try suckah". Oops, I mean deviated stitching is only an option with the leather interior.

Hmmmm. Leather interior, add back carbon trim with race-tex seat inserts, dashboard and door trim. Again, "nice try suckah". The seat inserts are not an option, and door trim is disallowed.

As M i c k warned me, I can't have what I want. I either give up the race-tex seats, deal with a red/orange Tampa Buccaneer 90's uniform theme, or stare at a chalk tach.

Amd the real kick in the butt? The GT4 allows deviated stitching ON THE RACE-TEX SEATS!

Maybe they are trying to save me from myself (That combo might be too much). OTOH, as Chuck would say:

Water Font Screenshot Happy Recreation

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah, but he still rode off with NOVA and that ain't too bad....plus, she didn't say much. Where can you get that deal???

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, but it sure is a good thing that Porsche wasn't the behind the scenes power behind Dr. Cornelius and his cronies or it might have all turned out differently........

·
Registered
186 Posts
How badly do you want what you want? You can talk to the PCNA Porsche Exclusive Rep about CXX’-ing what you want.

Fully customized seats, door panels and dash are possible. If you are willing to pay PAG…

… ~$25k :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts