Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had something similar on my Audi when it was cold out (32 F or so) and I figure it's probably normal but never hurts to see if others have the same issue....

When I start the car and take a slow easy 90 degree turn out of the driveway the tires skip a bit. usually only does it that one initial time, I assume it's just the rear diff being stiff when cold? (18' CGTS with PTV)

·
Registered
17 Boxster S 6M in Miami Blue
345 Posts
@omniphil I thought the same thing the first time that i experienced the ackermann effect.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster PDK
374 Posts
I noticed that wheel skipping and wondered if something was rubbing during tight turns in our driveway. Good to know that it's not a problem. I have a basic Boxster and I don't think I have limited slip.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster PDK
374 Posts
I had positraction in an Olds 442 that bound up and snapped on occasion. It was more metallic sounding. The Ackerman effect seems more like thumping rubber.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had something similar on my Audi when it was cold out (32 F or so) and I figure it's probably normal but never hurts to see if others have the same issue....

When I start the car and take a slow easy 90 degree turn out of the driveway the tires skip a bit. usually only does it that one initial time, I assume it's just the rear diff being stiff when cold? (18' CGTS with PTV)
My 991.1 did this when the tires were cold. Startled me at first, but moving forward I did what I could to not turn full lock until the tires warmed. Worked like a charm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts