Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a spyder allocation to build, am patient and willing to wait...but am located in socal and these dealers are arrogant and ridiculously greedy with ADMs (one of them started at 40 over). any suggestions on what i should do (dealers that will sell outside of the AOI zones) or am i just SOL?

· Registered
53 Posts
they won't make any for 2024?
No GT4, GT3, or Spyder for MY24. Production for all three ends in June with only the 718 4 cylinders and probably the GTS 4.0 for M24 before the 718 goes EV for MY25.

Add this to the list of reasons to move out of CA? Those dealers need your money to pay their high taxes.
It isn't just Cali. I was looking for a GT4 and two dealers (IL and NJ) were both $30k+ over on an allocation. There was a Cali dealer at only $15k over but wouldn't sell out of state.

· Premium Member
623 Posts
No GT4, GT3, or Spyder for MY24. Production for all three ends in June with only the 718 4 cylinders and probably the GTS 4.0 for M24 before the 718 goes EV for MY25.

It isn't just Cali. I was looking for a GT4 and two dealers (IL and NJ) were both $30k+ over on an allocation. There was a Cali dealer at only $15k over but wouldn't sell out of state.
Speculation is fine, but it would help those who are looking for factual information if people acknowledged they were indeed just voicing their best guess.

· Super Moderator
2021 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
1,471 Posts
Speculation is fine, but it would help those who are looking for factual information if people acknowledged they were indeed just voicing their best guess.
This. If you have seen a clear statement from Porsche confirming this (I haven't), quote the source. If you are just repeating what someone's brother's friends co-worker heard from a junior SA at a Porsche dealer, call it a rumour.

· Registered
53 Posts
This. If you have seen a clear statement from Porsche confirming this (I haven't), quote the source. If you are just repeating what someone's brother's friends co-worker heard from a junior SA at a Porsche dealer, call it a rumour.
This isn't speculation. It has been confirmed by numerous sources on this forum and others between people getting their order demands canceled, dealers refunding deposits, the fact no one has a production date past June, and dealers confirming that they received their entire 2023 calendar year GT car allocation in November/December. If you want to lead OP down a false road of hope, go for it. But otherwise, the Spyder is dead come June.

· Registered
29 Posts
I guess we will see, but until it actually happens I do not "trust" Porsche AG, They will do whatever is best for them. Yeah they think about existing customers and they don't pull the rug from their existing customer à la Tesla like reducing prices...they keep things close to the chest. They will not flood the market, but if they will not leave too much money on the table either . I am no expert but for me if there is no production (GT cars) announced beyond June it does not mean there won't be. They like the scarcity effect; making people feel special and privileged by buying their exclusive product. I wish WAM22 is right....but

· Super Moderator
2021 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
1,471 Posts
This isn't speculation. It has been confirmed by numerous sources on this forum and others between people getting their order demands canceled, dealers refunding deposits, the fact no one has a production date past June, and dealers confirming that they received their entire 2023 calendar year GT car allocation in November/December. If you want to lead OP down a false road of hope, go for it. But otherwise, the Spyder is dead come June.
It is entirely possible and perhaps likely that you are correct. But "numerous sources" on this forum have been dead wrong many times. Until something from Porsche confirming this occurs it is speculation and hearsay.

· Registered
812 Posts
Porsche ain't gonna confirm anything. They'll just stop making them. It's time to ramp it up for their real money makers: Base Style Edition, GT4 RS and Spyder RS or R or whatever they'll call that.

· Registered
628 Posts
The OP didn't mention if this would be their first Porsche. But with only 3 posts I will guess they are not a frequent flyer at the dealership. If you aren't already a good customer you are probably not going to get any favors. Desirable allocations tend to be awarded to loyal customers. The basic choices are 1) pay the ADM and wait while hoping Porsche doesn't cancel the build; 2) search for a different deal and wait and hope you are still capable of driving by the time you get the car since typical P car owners skew to older guys in that "what, he died since the last P car event?" demographic; 3) buy something else. Take a look at the POA "Confessions of a Porsche Salesman" thread.

· Registered
1,497 Posts
I wager that the production capacity for MY '23 on GT4, Spyder has been surpassed based on present allocations for the balance of the model year and the additional demand orders have been cancelled.

It remains to be seen what can be procured for MY '24 and whatever Porsche AG forecasts as the number of units that can schedule for.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The OP didn't mention if this would be their first Porsche. But with only 3 posts I will guess they are not a frequent flyer at the dealership. If you aren't already a good customer you are probably not going to get any favors. Desirable allocations tend to be awarded to loyal customers. The basic choices are 1) pay the ADM and wait while hoping Porsche doesn't cancel the build; 2) search for a different deal and wait and hope you are still capable of driving by the time you get the car since typical P car owners skew to older guys in that "what, he died since the last P car event?" demographic; 3) buy something else. Take a look at the POA "Confessions of a Porsche Salesman" thread.
yes, would be first porsche.

· Registered
277 Posts
This isn’t so much about increasing margin on 718s as it is about having production capacity to crank out more 911s in Zuffenhausen. 718s will be built in Osnabruck again, with the likely exception of the 4RS remaining in Zuffenhausen. This means more room and parts availability to make those sweet cash cow 911s. The base cars also help their emissions numbers as an overall fleet.

sorry for noob q but their margins are that much higher on these than the "regular" GT4s and spyders?

· Registered
1 Posts
I am from Vancouver, BC, Canada. I put down my deposit in November 2021. Back then the base price was CAD$121,900. My spec was around CAD$130,000. After encouraging me to add more options two rounds in the past 14 months. I finally agreed to up the options to CAD$142,000 two weeks ago as they urged me to do it now or won't get one at all. They just confirmed accepting my order a week ago with late May 2023 delivery. Total price CAD$168,000 with taxes all in . I has been quite a saga!

· Registered
4,313 Posts
I am from Vancouver, BC, Canada. I put down my deposit in November 2021. Back then the base price was CAD$121,900. My spec was around CAD$130,000. After encouraging me to add more options two rounds in the past 14 months. I finally agreed to up the options to CAD$142,000 two weeks ago as they urged me to do it now or won't get one at all. They just confirmed accepting my order a week ago with late May 2023 delivery. Total price CAD$168,000 with taxes all in . I has been quite a saga!
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your allocation. Folks rarely complain about the options they select, only the ones they failed to get. I look forward to seeing pics of your new steed and may your time in the Waiters Club be brief and worthwhile.

· Registered
2002 Honda S2000
223 Posts
NIce - we will be looking forward to hearing about the arrival! There definitely has been an uptick in recent times of Sypder-desires entering the forum. Must be something good about it....:cool::love:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts