Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I just joined tis forum as I am actively looking for my future 718.
based in france, I am mainly looking for it on the german market as there is so much choice and not yet the prohibitive tax we have in my country.

So now I am proactively looking for information on how to best use my future car

hope to discuss quickly with you all...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cayman even if I found the Boxster even sexier.
indeed I will use the car for WE and need some storage and Boxster really don't have any :)

And this is my first Porsche, I had several BMW (Series 3 and 4) but need to grow up :)

·
Premium Member
2022 Spyder
2,762 Posts
Ha, my daily driver is a 328 touring (F3x). I would say that car is more grown up than the 718. :) This car (Mine is a Boxster) is for the child in me.

Are you getting the F4T or F6NA?

·
Registered
2018, GTS, PDK
580 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I just joined tis forum as I am actively looking for my future 718.
based in france, I am mainly looking for it on the german market as there is so much choice and not yet the prohibitive tax we have in my country.

So now I am proactively looking for information on how to best use my future car

hope to discuss quickly with you all...
bonjour and welcome.
hope your search goes well, regardless of where you are in France, personally go for the Boxster - I am bias of course. either way, fantastic car and you will honestly not regret it.
best wishes from over the Chanel 😎

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am looking for the 718 - 982 so the F4T... I could read that only the sound is weaker but the performance are similar and the options are far better (Apple car...)

Currently I have a 430 and indeed I will keep it for the long run so need to think again between Boxter and Cayman

·
Premium Member
2022 Spyder
2,762 Posts
I am looking for the 718 - 982 so the F4T... I could read that only the sound is weaker but the performance are similar and the options are far better (Apple car...)

Currently I have a 430 and indeed I will keep it for the long run so need to think again between Boxter and Cayman
yeah, just so you know, the 718/982 is also available with a 4.0L F6 NA, in the GTS 4.0 and the GT4 and Spyder. Thats the one I chose. Many others here chose the F4 turbo instead.

·
Registered
115 Posts
yeah, just so you know, the 718/982 is also available with a 4.0L F6 NA, in the GTS 4.0 and the GT4 and Spyder. Thats the one I chose. Many others here chose the F4 turbo instead.
But I thought they are all F, I also thought that the only NA is with the 718 gts and above, I didn't realise
the 982 also did NA.
Hopefully I am just getting a 4.0 Gts without acronyms 😅

·
Registered
2021 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
819 Posts
986 - all NA
987 - all NA
981 - all NA
718 (982) -Base, S, GTS all Turbo-4 with the exception of the cars with the 4.0 L engine (GT4, Spyder, and GTS 4.0, which replaced the T4 GTS in 2020).

Porsche named the 982 cars the 718. They like to confuse people

·
Premium Member
2022 Spyder
2,762 Posts
But I thought they are all F, I also thought that the only NA is with the 718 gts and above, I didn't realise
the 982 also did NA.
All 718's are also 982's. Like my Spyder is a 982.

718 is the model designation, and 982 is the internal chassis code. It's like buying a 911, which is a 992.

·
Registered
2021 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
819 Posts
the 982 also did NA.
LOL, we haven't even used the F to mean Forced as in forced induction, which some people use. So you could have an F4 and NA6, both of which are boxer (flat) engines. And even a FF6, which is what is in the 992 911's. (Except for the GT3, which would be a NAF6)!

·
Registered
115 Posts
986 - all NA
987 - all NA
981 - all NA
718 (982) -Base, S, GTS all Turbo-4 with the exception of the cars with the 4.0 L engine (GT4, Spyder, and GTS 4.0, which replaced the T4 GTS in 2020).

Porsche named the 982 cars the 718. They like to confuse people
Thanks for the clarification, I do have an understanding of some sorts, its just that when I
speak to a real person that you can touch, I would say naturally aspirated and flat 6 and that flat 4
turbo thing. 😅

·
Premium Member
2022 Spyder
2,762 Posts
LOL, we haven't even used the F to mean Forced as in forced induction, which some people use. So you could have an F4 and NA6, both of which are boxer (flat) engines. And even a FF6, which is what is in the 992 911's. (Except for the GT3, which would be a NAF6)!
Well, for a long time we've said V6, V8, V10, V12, W12, I4, I6, etc. So configuration + cylinder count has sort of been a standard. I say I have an F6 the same way I say I have a couple V8's and a few I6's and a couple I4's and there is this V10 I'd like to buy one day.

But anyway, to bring this back to topic: All 718's produced so far are 982's. All of them. When the model series was introduced as replacement for the 981, it was only available with flat 4 turbocharged motors. Then Porsche added new variants with a naturally aspirated (atmospheric if you prefer) flat 6 motor.

All clear? :)

·
Registered
21 Boxster GTS 4.0 - Night Blue
595 Posts
(Except for the GT3, which would be a NAF6)!
Nobody wants to drive a Naf[f] car :ROFLMAO:

At any rate @Thebibu , the storage in a boxster is pretty good, so don't rule out such a great cabriolet! Good luck on your quest

This was my wife and I packed for a week long road trip last fall (used frunk and trunk), and then a trip to the beach with beach chairs, cooler, beach bag and a boccie ball set in the frunk!

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Grille Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
2018, GTS, PDK
580 Posts

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster PDK aventuringrün PASM
75 Posts
Well, for a long time we've said V6, V8, V10, V12, W12, I4, I6, etc. So configuration + cylinder count has sort of been a standard. I say I have an F6 the same way I say I have a couple V8's and a few I6's and a couple I4's and there is this V10 I'd like to buy one day.

But anyway, to bring this back to topic: All 718's produced so far are 982's. All of them. When the model series was introduced as replacement for the 981, it was only available with flat 4 turbocharged motors. Then Porsche added new variants with a naturally aspirated (atmospheric if you prefer) flat 6 motor.

All clear? :)
Don’t tell anyone this 718 is a 982!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts