1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Very tempting as I await my dealer's next GTS allocation...o_O

·
Registered
508 Posts
I want one too. I might be tempted to take this over my “order” for a GTS4.0. Biggest issue for me is Lotus dealers are few and far between. Big plus for Porsche has always been they are easy to live with and have an active DIY community.

I contacted one of my “ local” Lotus dealers last week and got crickets. Next two closest dealers would be Manhattan and Long Island. Both places on my “Do Not Drive” list.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I’m very intrigued, will be pestering my nearest dealer for more info as it comes out!

·
Registered
195 Posts
This thing looks really cool. I wonder what the feel and build quality will be like. That used to be a major turn-off for me with lotus in the past.

·
Registered
223 Posts
It will initially launch as a limited-edition First Edition model that uses the brand's Toyota-sourced supercharged 3.5-liter V6 engine, the same unit found in the Evora GT, and it'll be offered with either a 6-speed automatic or a 6-speed manual. In summer 2022 the Emira will gain a second engine option: a turbocharged 2.0-liter inline-4 sourced from Mercedes-AMG. This motor is the same one used by cars like the CLA45, but Lotus has given it a new air intake and exhaust system and mounted it transversely. The turbo four engine will only be offered with AMG's 8-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. Both engines and all three transmissions will come to the US.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The sales rep I spoke to, mentioned that all initial “first editions” will be manual. The automatic will be orderable after that. Also assuming it’s the same auto as the Evora GT, so not a good option like our PDK.

·
Registered
2018 718 Cayman
17 Posts
I got a call from my local Lotus Dealer this morning asking if I wanted an allocation. They were asking for a $2500 non refundable deposit and said only 500 were coming to the US and that they were already 1/2 way through the allocations for the 500. Specs due in Jan 2022, delivery in July 2022.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got a call from my local Lotus Dealer this morning asking if I wanted an allocation. They were asking for a $2500 non refundable deposit and said only 500 were coming to the US and that they were already 1/2 way through the allocations for the 500. Specs due in Jan 2022, delivery in July 2022.
Is that 500 for the First Editions? Or...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Great looking car, nicer than the Corvette in my eyes. I'd still just be nervous about build quality given the company history. Still, great looking car that I'm sure will be fun to drive at a good price, hard to beat.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts