Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We did the ol' fly & drive: Bought the GTS with 8k miles on it from Mark Motors in San Antonio, and drove it back by way of Phoenix and Lake Tahoe to Portland over the Memorial Day weekend, putting another 2500 awesome miles on it. Wow!!! First-time Porsche owner, long-time sports car enthusiast. You hear it but you don't always believe it until you own one -- Porsches are just different. And in a very, VERY good way.

This car is fantastic!! So different from my Alfa 4C Spider and my S2000 which are pretty much spartan race cars manufactured for the street rather than every day, livable vehicles. But interestingly enough this 718 is even more race-ready than those other two in many ways.

The original plan was to sell my 2005 S2000, but I feel I'd miss the lightness and purity of a non-computerized (no electronic nannies, and it's not even DBW), older sports car. Each of the 3 is so different, but unique in its own way. The Alfa is just raw and visceral in a manner the Porsche is not. A 1-hour trip in the 4C feels like an 8-hour trip, and vice versa for the Boxster. Both fun, just different. There are very few compromises in the GTS - you really get the best of all worlds in one vehicle...definitely exists in the Goldilocks zone of sports cars.

And this 718 Forum community is amazing! Very supportive and informative. Much like I've found S2ki.com and 4C-Forums.com to be over the years. Looking forward to learning and hanging out here more and more.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
2017 Cayman S
201 Posts
We did the ol' fly & drive: Bought the GTS with 8k miles on it from Mark Motors in San Antonio, and drove it back by way of Phoenix and Lake Tahoe to Portland over the Memorial Day weekend, putting another 2500 awesome miles on it. Wow!!! First-time Porsche owner, long-time sports car enthusiast. You hear it but you don't always believe it until you own one -- Porsches are just different. And in a very, VERY good way.

This car is fantastic!! So different from my Alfa 4C Spider and my S2000 which are pretty much spartan race cars manufactured for the street rather than every day, livable vehicles. But interestingly enough this 718 is even more race-ready than those other two in many ways.

The original plan was to sell my 2005 S2000, but I feel I'd miss the lightness and purity of a non-computerized (no electronic nannies, and it's not even DBW), older sports car. Each of the 3 is so different, but unique in its own way. The Alfa is just raw and visceral in a manner the Porsche is not. A 1-hour trip in the 4C feels like an 8-hour trip, and vice versa for the Boxster. Both fun, just different. There are very few compromises in the GTS - you really get the best of all worlds in one vehicle...definitely exists in the Goldilocks zone of sports cars.

And this 718 Forum community is amazing! Very supportive and informative. Much like I've found S2ki.com and 4C-Forums.com to be over the years. Looking forward to learning and hanging out here more and more.
View attachment 43491 View attachment 43492
Welcome! Looks like you got the enthusiastic companion option…it’s my favorite!

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Your new GTS is beautiful and there's no better way to break her in than your amazing trip home. I drop by and chat with the great folks at Mark Motors on a regular basis and had the good fortune to see your car before you snapped her up. Wish we had the opportunity to raise a beverage in honor of your new gal prior to your trip home.

Curious who your contact was at Mark Motors and how you were treated. Regardless, I wish you unlimited miles of healthy smiles in your new GTS.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The original plan was to sell my 2005 S2000, but I feel I'd miss the lightness and purity of a non-computerized (no electronic nannies, and it's not even DBW), older sports car. Each of the 3 is so different,
First , congratulations for your new car

Also ,maybe I misunderstood , but your Alfa and your Porsche are also not drive/steer by wire cars (as according to my knowledge there is no mass production car with fully electric steering)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts