Porsche 718 Forum banner
181 - 200 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
also my steering wheel came in. i think the quality if pretty nice. Carbon fiber weave looks pretty consistent. the blue stripe adds a nice touch at the top and the alcantara with blue stitching looks pretty sweet! i'll have to get a day where i can install it but first i need to watch some Youtube videos

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
The steering wheel looks great!

Those fenders will take the car to an entirely new level!!! wow. Can’t wait to see those on the car.
The wheel and fenders will be fabulous additions to your already amazing steed!

Reactions: Raven

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,254 Posts
finally ordered the GT3 full carbon fiber fenders and i will have SCM redo just the slatts in the same carbon fiber blue but leave the rest of the fender as is! i think this will make it very unique as the fenders themselves already are unique!

I feel so inadequate. Can't wait to see the final results.... And, once again, what's with all those "rear" shots of the roll bar install? Just can stop throwing tha awesome diffuser in my face can you? :p

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 · (Edited)
The steering wheel looks great!

Those fenders will take the car to an entirely new level!!! wow. Can’t wait to see those on the car.
Thanks! I think the steering wheel is really cool factor and to add to that the blue paddle shifter as well as changing the face of the gauges to blue i think is really gonna set this off

The fenders will definitely stand out. i got to see the real one's on a GT3 and i think aesthetically just draws attention to it. the body lines of the Cayman are already nice and just adding those slats on that upper part just gives it that ooommmppphhh

I feel so inadequate. Can't wait to see the final results.... And, once again, what's with all those "rear" shots of the roll bar install? Just can stop throwing tha awesome diffuser in my face can you? :p
you know i gotta rub it in :p

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
Sorry guys been super busy to update the post especially with all the car shows, Rennsport Rally and all the modifications that most of the content is on videos and not enough time taking pictures. But i did take a couple of snaps until i get more.

i did get most of the carbon fiber pieces back. The vents and sports chrono clock still need to be done but i'll have more detailed shots later.

Still waiting for those Carbon Fiber GT3 fenders to come in.

i also got the hardware on the wing replaced as recommended from one of you guys with black hardware. That was a pain to get as i had to hit up several stores just to get everything!

Carbon fiber steering wheel in! That was abosolutely a very fun process. Stay tuned for my video on that for those interested in swapping out the wheel along with all the steering wheel controls as that was very interesting to do since there was really no videos on Youtube i could reference to so i kinda winged it!

Brakes calipers also completed. Caliper decals did not come in on time for the Rennsport Rally but they did show up the other day. Stay tuned for that video. that was a fun process!

also ordered the custom color guages and sports chrono clock from AutoAmatuer in Sapphire Blue!

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,254 Posts
Sorry guys been super busy to update the post especially with all the car shows, Rennsport Rally and all the modifications that most of the content is on videos and not enough time taking pictures. But i did take a couple of snaps until i get more.

i did get most of the carbon fiber pieces back. The vents and sports chrono clock still need to be done but i'll have more detailed shots later.

Still waiting for those Carbon Fiber GT3 fenders to come in.

i also got the hardware on the wing replaced as recommended from one of you guys with black hardware. That was a pain to get as i had to hit up several stores just to get everything!

Carbon fiber steering wheel in! That was abosolutely a very fun process. Stay tuned for my video on that for those interested in swapping out the wheel along with all the steering wheel controls as that was very interesting to do since there was really no videos on Youtube i could reference to so i kinda winged it!

Brakes calipers also completed. Caliper decals did not come in on time for the Rennsport Rally but they did show up the other day. Stay tuned for that video. that was a fun process!

also ordered the custom color guages and sports chrono clock from AutoAmatuer in Sapphire Blue!

"One of the guys regarding the black bolts".... I think the effort was worth it... the wing now belongs.... All your other mods are awesome.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #200 ·
"One of the guys regarding the black bolts".... I think the effort was worth it... the wing now belongs.... All your other mods are awesome.
thanks so much! the build is coming along! i had soooo many people at the Rennsport Dragon Rally ask me what color the car is and they simply loved the Sapphire Blue! stay tuned for videos to drop soon. i'll have videos for the Soul Performance dp install, painting the calipers, fire extinguisher, carbon fiber interior pieces, GT3 cf fenders install as well as probably 3 videos for the Rennsport Dragon Rally. the GoproMax 360 video actually looks really cool. just learning more on how to edit them since it's a bit different than just regular videos

181 - 200 of 212 Posts