Porsche 718 Forum banner
161 - 180 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 · (Edited)
So i didn't like how the new risers that i was planning on ordering from Composite Concepts turned out. This would have been a 6" riser but i was looking more for like a 4" riser. i looked at the pictures from another Porsche that was done and i wasn't feeling it. Not that it looked bad it just wasn't the height i was looking for. i wanted something just a tad taller but nothing too tall. Tell me what you guys think?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
so what i ended up doing is ordering a pair of universal mounting brackets. so the only hardware i didn't use was those pieces on the left side next to the screws since those pieces would not work on my wing nor would it even fit. so i was able to a bit more lift by using the brackets that already attaches to my wing on the 2nd picture below

and here is the end result! freakin' love how it turned out as this was the height i was looking for!

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,254 Posts
so what i ended up doing is ordering a pair of universal mounting brackets. so the only hardware i didn't use was those pieces on the left side next to the screws since those pieces would not work on my wing nor would it even fit. so i was able to a bit more lift by using the brackets that already attaches to my wing on the 2nd picture below

and here is the end result! freakin' love how it turned out as this was the height i was looking for!

The new looks seems more composed and natural. The other gives me an extreem vibe. You done good (again)..... Query, any thought given to having all the bolts painted to match the mount color? In my grey World they distract from the wing. And thanks for the newest "butt" shot. "The pain... the pain"....

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
but if you don't have time i'll post some progress pictures as well!

first piece to remove was the trim pieces for the glove box or cup holders

and here's the dash trim piece on the right side of the steering wheel

the center console piece here you have to remove both sides in order to get access. pretty simple since they all just pop out

i think these pieces are called door cards? but they were very simple to remove

these silver door trims popped out without any issues

triangle pieces

now working on the door sills i was a bit worried as i watched some Youtube videos and the only videos that were available was for the 981's. those are held in place with double sided tape and a heat gun was needed. thank god for the 718 all you had to do was remove the inner seat plastic thingy i dunno what it's called. than just remove the weather stripping and just use your fingers or a plastic pry tool and you can pop these things out

Sport chrono clock was a breeze. after you pop them out there's two connectors that have to be disconnected

now the vents were the hardest but after i got the first one out the other 3 weren't too bad. it's a bit scary as you did have to apply some force to get these suckers out!

and the instrument cluster surround

all boxed and ready to go! the process will take about a month to do so right now my car looks like it's been robbed lol with all the missing interior pieces!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
The new looks seems more composed and natural. The other gives me an extreem vibe. You done good (again)..... Query, any thought given to having all the bolts painted to match the mount color? In my grey World they distract from the wing. And thanks for the newest "butt" shot. "The pain... the pain"....
definitely crossed my mind. i'll now have to start looking for all black hardware. any ideas?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Like you, I've also wanted to put a wing on my Cayman S for some time. I've looked at the NR Auto and Tarrett options but really like yours a lot.

Did you have it painted locally or did you order it painted?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
Like you, I've also wanted to put a wing on my Cayman S for some time. I've looked at the NR Auto and Tarrett options but really like yours a lot.

Did you have it painted locally or did you order it painted?

Jon had a shop that painted my wing for me. I forgot how much more for paint. I'll dig some emails and see what I was quoted. But yeah. It was painted before he shipped it to me

161 - 180 of 212 Posts