Porsche 718 Forum banner

lsturbointeg's 2018 Cayman 718 GTS build!

49K views 383 replies 30 participants last post by  lsturbointeg 
#1 ·
Hey Fam! just wanted to start a build thread for my GTS so i can share with you guys as my journey begins. got quite a few things lined up for her and i wanted you guys to come along for the journey as well as get some opinions and insight from you guys since coming from BMW this PORSCHE is a new platform for me.

so here's my 2018 Cayman 718 GTS with only 6k on the odometer. car already came with PPF on the front bumper as well as the mirror caps!

so i've been communicating with a guy out of Florida on building a carbon fiber GT4 wing for me. was looking at several options on how to do this?

1st option was leave the GT4 wing all carbon fiber and the brackets come black anodized aluminum with Satin Black PORSCHE logo across the wing
2nd option was have the wing painted Sapphire Blue, winglets remain carbon fiber with Satin Black PORSCHE logo
3rd option was leaving the wing carbon fiber, winglets painted Sapphire Blue and Satin Black PORSCHE logo
4th option was leaving the wing carbon fiber, winglets painted Sapphire Blue and Sapphire Blue PORSCHE logo

so with a month to contemplate which way to go i decided to go with the 2nd option. also, i might get some custom 2" risers to add a little bit of height if i'm not happy with the standard brackets.

just some photos of the PORSCHE logo on the wing but you can see where i was getting some ideas as far as all carbon or painted options

i do have an appointment on 11/12 to get the windows tinted. i decided to go limo on the rear quarter panels, 35% on the window/driver and 35% windshield strip. unless you guys have any suggestions i'm all ears. please post some pictures so i can get an idea!

i also just ordered the Zunsport complete grill kit! i can't believe how much leaves i had to clean out in the grill area as well as the side intakes!

i have been reading up on the Ducktail spoiler and i think because i'm going with the GT4 wing i'mma leave the factory spoiler as is.

now the last upgrade i've been going back and forth on is the front spoiler. i've reached out to TWL as well as TA since they're the only two manufactures available for the GTS. TWL wants $2200 for their full carbon fiber version. Looks pretty clean really

and here's TA like most of you know already

haven't made my decision since this won't be until next Spring time. but i have been getting suggestions to maybe go ahead and do the GT4 front bumper conversion. i wasn't planning on it but i did spend some time researching. what's the consensus of installing a GT4 front bumper...FAKE? Some people said if it helps with track sessions than the GT4 would be the option to go but i just don't want people thinking i'm trying to make my car a GT4 when it isn't even tho i'm putting a GT4 wing lol! anywho, please chime in on that topic.

the last upgrade i plan on doing before the end of the year is to get rid of the orange reflectors! either clear or smoke. i did ask around a so far it looks like people prefer the clear on Sapphire Blue.

that's it for now but i will be next year continuing the build with cf diffuser, skirt extensions and if the exhaust isn't cutting it for me i may end up going with SOUL catted DP and SOUL exhaust system. oh, coming from the BMW crowd here's my 2011 JetBlack F10 535i sitting on KWv1 Coilovers, 21" Avant Garde 3 piece Forged wheels in Matte Antique Bronze finish, Meisterschaft Exhaust system, VRSF CP, VRSF Catless DP, GPLUS IC and TurboSmart BOV.

See less See more
#8 ·
just ordered the AWE Tuning Foiler. hopefully these help as i've noticed on our drives the wife likes to leave her window up sometimes and i like to leave mine down and the sound i'm hearing which i looked up is called wind buffeting. never new what it was called but i get it in all my vehicles

#14 ·
thanks bud! i was very nerve racking drilling holes into my new car lol! but because i modify all my cars i was use to it. tho the Porsche was a little different because it's a Porsche. i did not disable to spoiler cause from reading the forums here i believe i would get an error message once the wing is deployed. i did try to see if i can disconnect the motor harness but after removing some of the trim i couldn't find anything. when i took the car for a drive when i hit 80mph i didn't not feel any drag at all like some people have mentioned. so i'm not gonna worry about it. the car looks very aggressive now which is the look i was going after. lots and lots of compliments and thumbs up from people on the road

#28 ·
so the build continues! just ordered from TAKD_Carbon. Carbon fiber front canards, carbon fiber skirt extensions, carbon fiber rear diffuser with canards and a cf trapezoid exhaust tip. Also i did not order the front lip from TAKD since they don't have anything for the GTS but i did order the front spoiler from Tech Art. The front spoiler will be color matched Sapphire Blue but i'll leave the center carbon fiber exposed. this should look good. contemplating on the those RS fenders as TAKD versions look really good!

TA front spoiler

TAKD cf canards

TAKD cf skirt extensions

TAKD rear diffuser, rear canards and cf trapezoid exhaust tips

#29 ·
so the build continues! just ordered from TAKD_Carbon. Carbon fiber front canards, carbon fiber skirt extensions, carbon fiber rear diffuser with canards and a cf trapezoid exhaust tip. Also i did not order the front lip from TAKD since they don't have anything for the GTS but i did order the front spoiler from Tech Art. The front spoiler will be color matched Sapphire Blue but i'll leave the center carbon fiber exposed. this should look good. contemplating on the those RS fenders as TAKD versions look really good!

TA front spoiler

TAKD cf canards

TAKD cf skirt extensions

TAKD rear diffuser, rear canards and cf trapezoid exhaust tips

That diffuser/exhaust is bonkers. Love it!

#34 ·
thanks dude! i just ordered another set of the Husky garage cabinets to finish off the garage. it will go on the wall where the Porsche is. i also ordered a Black refrigerator from Frigidaire to match the cabinets.

i will move the Blue tool box and the new set of cabinets will be placed on that side wall. the new fridge will go where the tool box was