Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clearly becoming the volume leader, clearly building the base of the pyramid, meaning we can continue to hope the 718 will be as pure, as raw and as snarly as our wildest dreams (actually leave those out of this...)

More Evidence That The Macan Is Taking Over Porsche | The Truth About Cars

August told another, different story. The Panamera’s 3945 year-to-date sales represent a 14% year-over-year improvement for the brand’s people-carrying passenger car. Yet the Macan has generated more sales activity for Porsche in the last four months than the Panamera has over the last eight. That the Macan can quickly muster more sales in a shorter period than the Boxster or Cayman is no surprise. Yet in August, the Macan’s 969 U.S. sales nearly matched the 1056-unit total achieved by the Boxster, Cayman, and Panamera combined.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The Macan is just what the market was looking for though. A small CUV from Porsche. People were totally primed to but exactly that car.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Not bad at all, the amount of Macan's I have seen on the road ever since it's release was already a good indicator of how well it's doing.
I have a feeling porsche could see similar results when it comes to other future models of theirs.

·
Registered
222 Posts
You know, I don't think that I have seen a crazy amount of Macans. It might be because its a newer vehicle but I still think that I see Cayennes most often.

·
Registered
459 Posts
You know, I don't think that I have seen a crazy amount of Macans. It might be because its a newer vehicle but I still think that I see Cayennes most often.
That depends on where you're located, how often you're outside and where you travel. I'm all over the place and have seen a lot of them, a lot compared to other vehicles that have released that I've seen on local roads.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I find it a bit surprising though because I live and work in a pretty affluent area. I see plenty of BMWs, Audis, etc... I just don't see many Macans. It could be the region I live in generally instead of the part of the city. Maybe Torontonians don't like Macans as much as people from other cities.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Interesting.

I know a few Torontonians that have seen Macan's. These are folks that are all over Toronto and it's surrounding regions. Maybe you don't get out enough :D

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ha! Maybe you're right. I see plenty of Audis BMWs and even Bentleys. Not many Macans. Maybe I just need to give people a bit more time to get around to buying a new car. The Macan is still fairly new. I'm going to be keeping an extra eye out for them now though. They must be hiding around here somewhere.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I don't think that everyone sees plenty of Bentley's. Pretty sure there are only 2 or 3 in my immediate area. It's always a treat to see them about.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Well it depends on what model and it's not like you'll see Bentley's in the same volume you'll see BMW's and Benz's but there are a good amount of Bentley's out there for the type of vehicles they are

·
Registered
222 Posts
A Q3 sized Porsche would basically be a mini Macan? I think it would be cool if Porsche made a little sedan instead. The CUV market is so popular right now though so it would make sense for Porsche to do something like this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts