Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
After todays test.
It works as it always have done so no issues.
took some pics on the software window.

·
Registered
56 Posts
To do a PCM hard boot press the volume button until the Porsche logo comes back on. Mine did this after a map update. I did a hard reset and it restarted with the new map update installed.
DONE, still not working... I'm sure the data plan of the installed SIM is working (connecting to the car WLAN the internet navigation on my mobile works).

I had no maps update ... Other suggestions ?

Thx

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Some new info, today google earth did not work on the navi.
But google search works.......

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
That's my experience as well. I'll add that for me, the map screen will not open either.
Press the control knob on the map screen and scroll down to Googlemaps and select to disable loading. Otherwise it just hangs. I'm going to try and call Porsche Connect support today.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Confirmed with Porsche support today. There is a known issue with GoogleMaps, which will require a free software update to be carried out by your local Porsche center. Update expected early 2021.

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
Press the control knob on the map screen and scroll down to Googlemaps and select to disable loading. Otherwise it just hangs. I'm going to try and call Porsche Connect support today.
That's a negative.... when on the map screen its 100% locked up.

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
Confirmed with Porsche support today. There is a known issue with GoogleMaps, which will require a free software update to be carried out by your local Porsche center. Update expected early 2021.
Which probably means 2022 and they hope you'll forget. Could take forever to sort out because it's not just a few cars... it's all of them with this option.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
That is what i did to :)
If you feel brave - you can then try the Custom Hand Over wipe - that resets your PCM back to default. Radio station, sound setup and bluetooth pairing would all need to be re-done.
I carried this out at the start of trouble shooting it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was contacted by Porsche last week, who told me they have a fix for the google maps issue and it involves an update, which would happen for me in a couple of weeks at my next service.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I was contacted by Porsche last week, who told me they have a fix for the google maps issue and it involves an update, which would happen for me in a couple of weeks at my next service.
That's good - and also laughable as on the same day to Porsche Connect support they did not have a timeline for a resolution. Also called Glasgow Porsche at the start of the week - who were not aware of any issues!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts