Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
I think it would look pretty good. Or even better, if we could get the Miami Blue in a matte pearl sort of effect. Wheels would have to be either white or black though. Can't imagine anything in between

·
Registered
157 Posts
Is that center glossy strip of orange on the hood supposed to be there? It looks a bit out of place to be but the actual matte pearl paint looks great and it'll no doubt look amazing on the 718.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i don't like how it looks on orange, might be some other colors out there i'll like it on, preferably it will have to be on something more subtle. White?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
White in the same matte pearl ?? I think that would look really nice.. Even the Satin White Pearl colour looks pretty good. A very subtle pearl but it's there.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Similar to Lava Orange, matte red pearl would look great with the curves of a 718 too but there is just no way to make that stripe look good. It ruins the lines of the hood.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SWP right here. Love it. Very clean, very subtle. But in the night it really stands out and glistens like it's frozen

·
Registered
15 Posts
SWP right here. Love it. Very clean, very subtle. But in the night it really stands out and glistens like it's frozen

That's a great example since it best represents what we can expect of the 718 in that exact finish, after all it is a Porsche. I find that white works best on smoother surfaces that are mostly seamless which the 718 is, more than its competition.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Definitely, with the smooth curves, you'll have the pearl shifting in different areas constantly, no matter which panel you're looking at

·
Registered
459 Posts
Maintaining the paint properly will ensure you can have that happening all the time as neglecting it and not being proactive can over time dull the paint, weather, sun exposure, etc sucks the life out of paint.

·
Registered
254 Posts
For sure.. A lot of people are very lazy to do that though. A simple cut and polish can really transform a vehicle. You'd be surprised at how much crap that clear coat goes through

1 - 14 of 14 Posts