Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2021 718
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just FYI. My 718 was ordered in January and due to arrive to the dealer on 4/30. The local dealer in Mass texted to say it should arrive about 4/13. I don’t know if that will impact others but I assume I’m not the only lucky one! a little good news for 2021. Bill.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's great news! I remember you live South of Boston as well. I found info on the Porsche group that meets on weekends in Dennis. Let me know it you dont have the info I'll private message you the contacts email. He sends Evites weekly with day and time depending on the weather. I havent gone to a meet yet but plan to at some point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just FYI. My 718 was ordered in January and due to arrive to the dealer on 4/30. The local dealer in Mass texted to say it should arrive about 4/13. I don’t know if that will impact others but I assume I’m not the only lucky one! a little good news for 2021. Bill.
Congrats. You are lucky! My GTS is sitting in Jacksonville waiting for Porche NA to make up their mind and communicate the connecting rod recall process. 7 months and still waiting

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
99 Posts
Like you, ordered in January. Latest from dealer is 6/14 delivery. I'm NOT heading to Vegas anytime soon with my luck. :cool: Happy egg hunting all!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Come on...Bill. The wound is deep enough without salt being tossed on it. Congratulations to you though. Sixty-five days, 21 hours, 50 minutes, and 11 seconds to go!

·
Registered
Cayman GTS
19 Posts
Congrats. You are lucky! My GTS is sitting in Jacksonville waiting for Porche NA to make up their mind and communicate the connecting rod recall process. 7 months and still waiting
Connecting rod recall?? .....I have a GTS in the pipeline, I hope that issue is solved before I receive mine.
Please keep us informed on the recall and what happens with your car. I would be pretty bummed (even though there is nothing you can do) if my car was here but held back due to a recall.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Connecting rod recall?? .....I have a GTS in the pipeline, I hope that issue is solved before I receive mine.
Please keep us informed on the recall and what happens with your car. I would be pretty bummed (even though there is nothing you can do) if my car was here but held back due to a recall.
I ordered my Cayman GTS in February and it is to be built at Zuffenhausen in April and May, to be delivered in early June. The recall won’t affect me because it is a known issue. When was/is your vehicle being built?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a GT4 going into production on 4/9. My SA told me that I should not expect more than two weeks of delay. Should receive the car at the PEC in late may early June.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My GTS was built in late Feb/early March. Porsche NA finally indicated it would take 3-6 months to resolve the issue. The communication was vague at best and I believe they are struggling to come up with an approach for cars already delivered and sitting in port like mine. Apparently there are several hundred cars involved in the recall.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I ordered mine 1/14 when I got V200, as I PM'd you I was told 5/07. Hope I get a call soon

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same timeline for my CGTS as well

DaisyDee said:
My GTS was built in late Feb/early March. Porsche NA finally indicated it would take 3-6 months to resolve the issue. The communication was vague at best and I believe they are struggling to come up with an approach for cars already delivered and sitting in port like mine. Apparently there are several hundred cars involved in the recall.

·
Super Moderator
1,829 Posts
I've read that only a portion of the 6 cyl vehicles are affected, IIRC something like 200 vehicles.
Cars delivered will be recalled.
Cars not delivered will be fixed before they are released.
Cars not built will not have the problem.

Really sorry for all concerned, but I guess fixed is better than the engine failing when 'out and about'.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've read that only a portion of the 6 cyl vehicles are affected, IIRC something like 200 vehicles.
Cars delivered will be recalled.
Cars not delivered will be fixed before they are released.
Cars not built will not have the problem.

Really sorry for all concerned, but I guess fixed is better than the engine failing when 'out and about'.
My Cayman GTS delivery has been pushed vack a month until July.

·
Registered
2021 718
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well apparently my dealer learned nothing from countless leaders to under-promise and over-deliver. My car was supposed to arrive on 4/30. They said it would arrive early on 4/13 and now it is 4/27 and no car. They are saying “we still expect it my 4/30”. Ha. Now resetting my expectations turns an on-time car delivery into a late delivery. That said I’ll just keep my fingers crossed for 4/30. Bill

·
Registered
12 Posts
This thread has sent me on a roller coaster of emotion. I just joined and, as I posted in the new member intro section, I have ordered a 718 Cayman that is slated for delivery by the end of July (originally for June, but Porsche says the chip shortage is pushing it back). I was planning to ask the forum if maybe Porsche had a habit of under promising and over delivering so that I might be pleasantly surprised by an earlier delivery date. Your first post gave me hope. But then my hopes were dashed. Now that it’s May 1, are you still waiting?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts