Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Boy I'd love to but it appears my pictures are too beaucoup to upload.

·
Registered
584 Posts
There's nothing like Miami Blue over Chalk. It makes me feel

·
Registered
94 Posts
My original 2017 Cayman S (the day I picked it up at the dealership) and my new 2018 Cayman GTS. Guess you can tell what my favorite color is...

·
Registered
752 Posts
@Nithros Thanks for posting these pics. They highlight a major conundrum for me. I have my heart set on Miami Blue and had spec'd what I felt was my perfect CS car, which got so close to a GTS in price that I started thinking about a GTS especially as it has the key bits for me as standard (PASM, PTV, Sport Chrono), which would help in resale value later on. Plus it comes with the GTS version of the Sport Kit, which i think is the only one that really works, and the Sports Exhaust, which i'm not really fussed about. Only problem is the black wheels!

When I started this journey I saw a Miami Blue Cayman 718 CS with Gloss Black Carrera S wheels and fell in love. However since then i've been thinking more and more about the standard silver Carrera S wheels and they are currently my preferred choice. Even though your S has the Platinum wheels, I think the two images clearly show the difference between light and dark wheels. To me Porsche should firstly offer the standard Carrera S wheels as an option on the GTS (they don't) and make changing finishes either a no cost option or just charge the difference as opposed to full price. Decisions! Decisions!

P.S. No disrespect intended toward your current GTS, it looks awesome. It's just that my current preference is for non-Matt Black wheels (which my current car has) and I think Miami Blue works better with the standard wheels Carrera S wheels.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just added dash strips, key trim, console trim, and gauge rings. Having the console lid and shift boot re-stitched in Miami Blue stitching, might do the steering wheel in the future. Miami Blue seat belts are coming. The outside is bold, the inside needs to match! >:D

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
@Nithros Thanks for posting these pics. They highlight a major conundrum for me. I have my heart set on Miami Blue and had spec'd what I felt was my perfect CS car, which got so close to a GTS in price that I started thinking about a GTS especially as it has the key bits for me as standard (PASM, PTV, Sport Chrono), which would help in resale value later on. Plus it comes with the GTS version of the Sport Kit, which i think is the only one that really works, and the Sports Exhaust, which i'm not really fussed about. Only problem is the black wheels!

When I started this journey I saw a Miami Blue Cayman 718 CS with Gloss Black Carrera S wheels and fell in love. However since then i've been thinking more and more about the standard silver Carrera S wheels and they are currently my preferred choice. Even though your S has the Platinum wheels, I think the two images clearly show the difference between light and dark wheels. To me Porsche should firstly offer the standard Carrera S wheels as an option on the GTS (they don't) and make changing finishes either a no cost option or just charge the difference as opposed to full price. Decisions! Decisions!

P.S. No disrespect intended toward your current GTS, it looks awesome. It's just that my current preference is for non-Matt Black wheels (which my current car has) and I think Miami Blue works better with the standard wheels Carrera S wheels.
No worries. I liked the platinum satin Carrera S wheels I had on my Miami Blue 2017 Cayman S actually better than the gloss black ones on the same color on my new GTS. When I bought the S, I had a choice of two - one with black and one with platinum so I passed on the black. I was a little surprised when I got to the dealership to pick up the GTS and saw the matte black wheels - I guess
thought they were going to be gloss black - and wasn't a fan at first. In hind sight, I have gotten used to them and they match all of the other black trim on the car so it works. The black give it a meaner look but the platinums still look more refined and traditional Porsche-like to me.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Nice day Yesterday so took the chance to polish and wax the Cayman for the winter. Photo of the sky reflected from the roof and then the pic has been swivelled thru 180 degrees.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I like the uniqueness of the color combination. You will get a lot of comments as the weather turns to Spring. I like non traditional combinations after all you don't want to look like "all the others". Enjoy the ride... and we'll see you on the road! No one can say "I didn't see you".

·
Registered
186 Posts
No worries. I liked the platinum satin Carrera S wheels I had on my Miami Blue 2017 Cayman S actually better than the gloss black ones on the same color on my new GTS. When I bought the S, I had a choice of two - one with black and one with platinum so I passed on the black. I was a little surprised when I got to the dealership to pick up the GTS and saw the matte black wheels - I guess
thought they were going to be gloss black - and wasn't a fan at first. In hind sight, I have gotten used to them and they match all of the other black trim on the car so it works. The black give it a meaner look but the platinums still look more refined and traditional Porsche-like to me.
I too was torn between the platinum and black wheels on the Cayman GTS. So far my order (before March 2019 freeze date) is the optional Jet Black Metallic. It is my hope that the metallic will change the color slightly towards grey, in the sunlight at least. Given the GTS has so much black, and I added a black spoiler and door handles, I stuck with the Black wheel.

If I ordered an S, I may have gone with Platinum wheels.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts