Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Debating going for Miami Blue on my 718...

How bad, if any, will it affect resale value if I go with MB? I plan to Finance my car and I know White would be the safer route, but I have my heart set on MB and that is the likely colour I will go w/... Just wondering what others think about resale value of a MB car.

Thanks.

·
Registered
459 Posts
It will more than likely turn out being one of those uncommon colors which can help you with value. Special models or just cars with something special about them from the rest tend to hold a bit more value. People looking for something very particular tend to be open to paying more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Debating going for Miami Blue on my 718...

How bad, if any, will it affect resale value if I go with MB? I plan to Finance my car and I know White would be the safer route, but I have my heart set on MB and that is the likely colour I will go w/... Just wondering what others think about resale value of a MB car.

Thanks.
Get the color that brings you joy! I went with Miami Blue for my build. You only live once! Do it!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I live in Miami and oddly enough I've only seen 1 other 718, 2 911s, and 1 Macan in MB. I love mine. It's certainly an attention getter.

Reactions: Third

·
Registered
656 Posts
My bet is MB limits the size of the market (ie, number of potential buyers) down the road and therefore impacts how long it takes to sell, but assuming the seller has time to wait, not what the car can ultimately sell for. Stated another way, my guess is silver and grey are agreeable colors and/or appeal to the largest swath of buyers and therefore sell the fastest, but I doubt they command a premium as a result.

·
Registered
96 Posts
A car is a depreciating ”asset” and as a 2 door sport car has an even smaller market-be it now or in 5 years. I think one should build and purchase what they “want” in this kind of scenario.

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
If you really want to know... Search for MB in the used market. I think you’ll find they do command a premium and rarely come available.

Flip side, like mentioned earlier, the pool of buyers is smaller because of...

1. Color (Some don’t want to stand out)

Or

2. The added cost (I think this is where most will fall, not willing to pony up for the rarity because Underneath it’s the same)

I thought I heard Porsche was discontinuing MB? That will also affect value (IMO - positively). Order while you can and know you’ve got something special!

·
Registered
374 Posts
First off, buy the car for YOU and not the next owner. Exterior color is one thing that stares you in the face every day so make sure you get what you want.

Second, I agree with Hoosier that MB may actually command a premium. MB is generally loved among enthusiasts and I have no doubt there are many out there waiting for bold colors to pop up in a sea of white/black/grey.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Get the color that brings you joy! I went with Miami Blue for my build. You only live once! Do it!
I 100% agree!!!! No matter what color you end up with you are buying a very expensive wonderful machine that will give you an incredible amount of fun, thrills, and pleasure; so, do indeed get exactly what you want/afford. In my strong opinion, compromising a feature you want, because of a resale value concern, is misguided. I do not at all believe what you will recover when you sell the car some years in the future will begin to compensate for the intangible but real loss of not having exactly what you want. Reminds me of the 1940's/50's when car buyers paid extra for upgraded upholstery/seats then put ugly covers over them "to protect the resale value".

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
First off, buy the car for YOU and not the next owner. Exterior color is one thing that stares you in the face every day so make sure you get what you want.
I agree too. I'd take the reasoning a step further. Preliminary question: Ask yourself whether you are configuring it and buying it for yourself or for resale. If for resale, then just forget the whole thing, save your money. You'll end up with more that way.

Having settled that question and decided it is for you after all, then figure that you'll have to look at the color every time you drive it. Possibly every day, possibly several times a day, for however many years you will own it. So the ultimate question: When you finally sell it will the difference at that time be worth the appreciation or anguish you felt every day up to that time? If you select your own choice now but can project that later you will wish you had opted for the best resale color anyway, then go back and see question one above.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I am on my second Miami Blue 718,
Some like it and a very small minority don't.
Do you know what? I don't care either way. I bought them as I love the colour and that is all that matters to me.
If somebody else after me loves it too then good for them.

Is your taste on women driven by whether random strnagers will like her too?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts