Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
274 Posts
My lil Ford Fiesta has a “next track” on the steering wheel.....but I guess it doesn’t exist on Porsches. Though in general I like the multi function wheel.

· Registered
20 Posts
If you set the button on the wheel to be "next track" it doesn't work with CarPlay. That's a bummer. :(
That is one of my main gripes too about the MF wheel. How can there be no "next track" button/function for Carplay!
Pain to have to switch main display away to the music screen to do this... wondering if anyone has figured out an easier way...

· Registered
2017 Cayman Base | Jet Black Metallic | Sport Chrono | 20" Carrera S Wheels
331 Posts
Refreshing this thread. Someone has to be able to solve this! The physical button under the PCM is able to control tracks on Carplay - why wouldn't the steering wheel diamond button? It REALLY handicaps the usage of that button. That's seriously the ONLY thing I need it to do. Instead, I'm left to change songs with my right hand...like a peasant.

· Registered
970 Posts
Refreshing this thread. Someone has to be able to solve this! The physical button under the PCM is able to control tracks on Carplay - why wouldn't the steering wheel diamond button? It REALLY handicaps the usage of that button. That's seriously the ONLY thing I need it to do. Instead, I'm left to change songs with my right hand...like a peasant.
If you have an iPhone have you asked Siri to skip to the next song? If you have Android you should be able to ask Alexa to skip to the next song.

· Registered
331 Posts
That's interesting, I have my diamond button set to play the next track and it works fine with CarPlay. I've had it set to this function before I even left the dealership.
Maybe the PCM needs to be updated? I could see this as a firmware update fix.

· Registered
2018 Cayman 2.0
613 Posts
I don't use CarPlay for music (I've got music on an SD card in slot 2 instead). In fact, until today I never loaded any music onto my iPhone, but just to test this for you, I stuck an 1100 track playlist on the phone and went to the garage and tested it.

And I found that the diamond button works fine with CarPlay on my car, either in a playlist or while playing albums. Loads the next track perfectly.

· Registered
331 Posts
I don't use CarPlay for music (I've got it on an SD card in slot 2 instead). In fact, until today I never loaded any music onto my iPhone, but just to test this for you, I stuck an 1100 track playlist on the phone and went to the garage and tested it.

And I found that the diamond button works fine with CarPlay on my car, either in a playlist or while playing albums. Loads the next track perfectly.
What app were you using to play music on from Carplay? Spotify? Apple Music? On device? I'm going to test some other apps and see if this is Spotify specific.

· Registered
331 Posts
Are you sure that you programmed it correctly? It clearly states in GTK that it can be done, and it works fjust fine or me
Yep. I'm not the only one who has this problem. FWIW, it's just fine if I'm streaming bluetooth from the phone. No issue there - only Carplay (so far tested Spotify).

· Registered
2018 Cayman 2.0
613 Posts
What app were you using to play music on from Carplay? Spotify? Apple Music? On device? I'm going to test some other apps and see if this is Spotify specific.
Apple Music. I don't use Spotify or any other services. Normally just the SD card.

· Registered
2018, GTS, PDK
1,457 Posts
I see what you are missing here - your right hand !
I have to do this my with my left - clearly a problem methinks !
saying that, we in the UK drive on the right side - or maybe better to say the correct side of the road 😎😎😎😎😎😎😜😎😜

· Registered
331 Posts
For the folks on this thread for whom it works, snap a phot of your software version on PCM. Let’s track this down!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.