Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Read Only
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seem to have water in my rear light, all the lights tend to steam up but then clear apart from one unit, has anyone else had this issue.

Looks like a faulty unit to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Read Only
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A little mist isn't unusual—the lights are ventilated, however, that does look excessive to me. If it doesn't clear up then I'd be making a dealer visit.
Thanks for your reply its been like this for at least 5 days now so looks suspected faulty unit.

The others misted up but then cleared.

· Registered
20 Posts
I used to see both rear lights fogging after car wash but not droplets. The dealer service rep told me that it was a quite common occurance which will most likely go away. He was right because I no longer see rear lights fogging anymore. I agree with EuroKip. I uploaded the photos for you to compare and others to chime in.

Attachments

· Read Only
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used to see both rear lights fogging after car wash but not droplets. The dealer service rep told me that it was a quite common occurance which will most likely go away. He was right because I no longer see rear lights fogging anymore. I agree with EuroKip. I uploaded the photos for you to compare and others to chime in.
Thanks for the images will contact my local porsche centre so they can investigate.

I know they have missed up before and usually clear up this has been like this for at least a week now.

Thanks for your help.

· Registered
387 Posts
Horrible design imo. Mine do it too. Bottom line- if moisture gets in there it will eventually get dirty and cloudy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.