Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone opting for either deleting the model designation or just going with 718? I am asking because after I submitted the build my SA asked if that was an option I wanted. I noticed that some of the lot cars only had 718 as the model designation. Is Porsche doing this to try to emphasize the new model? I hadn't really thought about it--just planned to stay with the standard model designation. What are others doing? Thoughts?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have the lava orange and had the 718 Boxster put in painted black and it really looks nice. As said above, a lot easier to clean. I also had 718 put on the doors in black. A lot of people have commented that they like that also. A possible reason for putting the 718 Boxster is that people that are not knowledgeable about Porsche Boxsters will not realize that it is the new model.

·
Registered
320 Posts
My car was a car off the lot and already had the "718 Cayman S" designation applied.

That's the way I would have ordered it if for no other reason than to make sure the 981 driver knew who just blew by. :D :) ;)

Reactions: moviegal

·
Registered
254 Posts
I would be going with the painted 718 as well for the same reason everyone else mentioned. Otherwise I would have to break out the hog hair brush to clean around the letters and get utterly bothered when wax gets built up in there and I have to struggle to get it out..

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'm all about keeping the vehicle clean and getting rid of eveything except for the Porsche badges is the way i'm going about it.

I just can't help but think how clean it will look:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went with no model designation on the Cayman S I just ordered. Wanted a cleaner look. On my last Boxster S I had the "S" painted red to match the calipers. I really liked that look as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts