Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

just got today a notification from my dealer my car is leaving the factory.. :)
Order has been placed in on july 19th, Validated bt factory on July 29th.
Initial schedule was for ending October.
Beginning of September teh dealer annpunce some advance in delivery : Mid October.

My car is on the road.... that was the great new of the day.

cheers
PS : I've an advantage, I am located in France not far from Stuttgart....

·
Registered
459 Posts
Congrats!

How much did you end up paying for it and what other sports cars were you looking at before deciding to get the 718?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hi

I was looking for Mercedes AMG SLC 43 Roadster// BMW 235i Cabriolet // AUdit TT RS cabriolet
But when I drove the 718 S, I have so impressed that the choice was done just after the ride with the 718S :)

total price is almost with Options 90k€:
here is the list:

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/8379/vaXO8W.jpg
Out of those the 718 definitely reigns king, and i'm not just saying that because i'm a Porsche guy. I mean that enough to the point i'm looking forward to what the Audi R6 will be like. Maybe it will be on your radar once you've had enough of the 718. But of course that depends on what you want in a vehicle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi

I guess you are speaking about the R8, which is a different concept. We cannot compare with the RS6 which is a sportvan car.
I drove an Audi R8, and yes It is an amazing car! we can compare with a Porsche 911 but not with a 718 'on my point a view)
On Audi you can always see the engine, that pleasure is not available anymore neither on 911 neither on 718...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just picked up my 718 from dealer this Saturday. I am afraid to drive it until I can get xpel clear bra . Anybody here has experience with it. Sounds like a worthwhile investment to preserve car.. What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a jet black metallic Boxster and had XPEL Ultimate installed on the entire front end - hood, fenders, bumper & side mirrors. It's really invisible and adds a lot of protection. If the XPEL material gets dinged, apparently you can heat it and it heals. I drove my for a week before it was installed but was _really_ careful. I think it's worth it. It took about 4 hours to do the full installation.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Out of those the 718 definitely reigns king, and i'm not just saying that because i'm a Porsche guy. I mean that enough to the point i'm looking forward to what the Audi R6 will be like. Maybe it will be on your radar once you've had enough of the 718. But of course that depends on what you want in a vehicle.
Hi

I guess you are speaking about the R8, which is a different concept. We cannot compare with the RS6 which is a sportvan car.
I drove an Audi R8, and yes It is an amazing car! we can compare with a Porsche 911 but not with a 718 'on my point a view)
On Audi you can always see the engine, that pleasure is not available anymore neither on 911 neither on 718...
The R6 is supposed to be the "smaller" version of the R8 which a lot are expecting to compete with the 718 :)

Still only renderings have been shown however.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had mine done last week at Leeberbs, same coverage as yours, full hood, bumper, lights and side mirrors.. dealer wanted $2800, but Leeberbs installed xpel ultimate for $1500. Had to leave car overnight and picked up following day... love it..

·
Registered
254 Posts
That's a vast difference but the Xpel, from what I've heard is amazing. That's the one that when scratched, just smooths right out ?

How much would it have been to do the whole car ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I didn't get a price for the whole car. I paid $1600 for the front surfaces. A third party did the installation, but the Porsche dealer arranged it and let us use their shop. Supposedly you can just heat it up and it heals itself.

I can't even get a screen protector on my phone without dog hair, fuzz and air pockets. LOL.

·
Registered
107 Posts
LOL alright so I'm glad I'm not the only one that has those issues

But yes, I've heard if you even use hot water and pour it over, it smooths itself out

·
Registered
459 Posts
I didn't get a price for the whole car. I paid $1600 for the front surfaces. A third party did the installation, but the Porsche dealer arranged it and let us use their shop. Supposedly you can just heat it up and it heals itself.

I can't even get a screen protector on my phone without dog hair, fuzz and air pockets. LOL.

As long as you are confident with the heat gun or hair dryer then yes. The wrong person doing that might cause more harm than good. I would hate to see that on a 718.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just needs to be at decent warm temperature to heal. No need to artificially heat. A garage overnight stay should be enough so I am told.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just picked up my 718 from dealer this Saturday. I am afraid to drive it until I can get xpel clear bra . Anybody here has experience with it. Sounds like a worthwhile investment to preserve car.. What do you guys think?
I order my 718 in May and received it in July. I immediately had Flight Shield V1 put on the whole car and then expl Ultimate on the whole front, rocker panels, mirrors, and all edges. With Sapphire V1 you only spray the car down, dry and off you go. No more polishing or waxing. I have it on my 2016 Macan and love it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
My biggest advice to getting this stuff done is to not let the dealer do it. Instead find yourself a good local detailer that has done enough of these jobs and that should set you on the right path.

Keep us posted on who you go with, someone here might find that bit of information to be valuable.

·
Registered
107 Posts
You cannot purchase the Sapphire V1 and put it on yourself, it can only be installed by a certified detailer. You can go online and find someone in your area.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts