·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where to start...

Order placed 6/11/21
Confirmation of build slot 14/5/22
Car reached OPC 11/11/22

So along the way I've had a couple of PEC days (absolutely brilliant!), the slight inconvenience of items being unavailable (LED PDLS+ changed to Xenon PDLS +) and the joy of my Cayman GTS 4.0 arriving..

Encouraged to start my own thread so here I am.

Just received these pics from the SE, more to follow post PPF.

Ice Grey Metallic with Crayon GTS Interior.

Monday can't get here quick enough!

T1b

·
Registered
273 Posts
Where to start...

Order placed 6/11/21
Confirmation of build slot 14/5/22
Car reached OPC 11/11/22

So along the way I've had a couple of PEC days (absolutely brilliant!), the slight inconvenience of items being unavailable (LED PDLS+ changed to Xenon PDLS +) and the joy of my Cayman GTS 4.0 arriving..

Encouraged to start my own thread so here I am.

Just received these pics from the SE, more to follow post PPF.

Ice Grey Metallic with Crayon GTS Interior.

Monday can't get here quick enough!

T1b
Almost exactly one year, not too bad. Enjoy.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Wow, what's a beauty!

My boxster GTS 4.0, order placed 6/26/21, confirmation of build slot 11/11/22.
I've just fixed the options.

Ice Grey Metallic with Black/Bordeaux red interior will arrive in next April. can't wait.

View attachment 49444
Beautiful car, and I admire your patience. That's a loooong time to wait.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Wow, what's a beauty!

My boxster GTS 4.0, order placed 6/26/21, confirmation of build slot 11/11/22.
I've just fixed the options.

Ice Grey Metallic with Black/Bordeaux red interior will arrive in next April. can't wait.

View attachment 49444
I wavered between Ice Grey Metallic and GT Silver for days before I chose GT Silver. Only because I had a previous GT Silver car and I loved it. The IGM looks fantastic though. Congratulations.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In a perfect world I'd have gone for Dolomite Silver but not enough to go PTS on it. The IGM sample looked smart but I've only seen Taycans in it so Monday will be the real test.

SE has said alot people have commented on it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Love IGM. To me it's a lovely silver-white and had it been available for 2022 I might just have ordered it as well. Gorgeous car, cheers

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
258 Posts
In a perfect world I'd have gone for Dolomite Silver but not enough to go PTS on it. The IGM sample looked smart but I've only seen Taycans in it so Monday will be the real test.

SE has said alot people have commented on it.
If Dolomite was an option for the T I would have picked it as well over the GT Sliver I eventually went with. The colder silvers seem to harken back to the original 718 colour. The GT silver is the warmest of the bunch, and dare I say probably the classiest silver ever on a Porsche - but there's something cool (no pun intended) about the "bluer" silvers though on a 718 that seem to work.

·
Registered
273 Posts
If Dolomite was an option for the T I would have picked it as well over the GT Sliver I eventually went with. The colder silvers seem to harken back to the original 718 colour. The GT silver is the warmest of the bunch, and dare I say probably the classiest silver ever on a Porsche - the there's something cool (no pun intended) about the "bluer" slivers though on a 718 that seem to work.
It was my first choice as well, but it was discontinued for 2023. It's what I selected when I put down the deposit in February.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I love the color although I haven't seen it in person. Folks on the 992 forum on Rennlist have commented on how much the metallic flakes pop, which is a similar phenomenon to what I've seen on Papaya Orange, but is sadly missing from Carrara White. The best similar color I've experienced is Mineral White on BMWs, I had it on an M4. It was epic, but it was very much white. This color is very similar to that but is still grey/silver.

Like I said I love it and can't wait to see more of this color on the road.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So today arrived, after another evening with zero sleep. It feels like the 80's again and I knew there was an "Astro Wars" under the tree with my name on it.

Literally 30 mins to do paper work and hand over a bag of used 50's. Activate the tracker, get introduced to the principle all while standing there hyped up like you wouldn't believe....

[Youtube]

[Youtube]

She's off for PPF tomorrow so I won't be able to give any great insight on driving it etc but I'll do the best I can to answer any queries.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts