Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

My allocation locked today and hit V250. I can't wait for it! The car is expected Mid July. I ordered it from Porsche Winnipeg as they actually had an allocation available out of Canada.

My build is:
  • Base MY18 718 Cayman
  • Manual
  • 18 Inch Cayman Wheels
  • Lava Orange on Black interior
  • Sport Plus Seats
  • Black standard interior
  • Deletion of Model Designation
  • PASM, PTV, Chrono, Extended Fuel Tank
  • GT Wheel, Multi function whee
  • Seat heating and Ventilation
  • Interior Trim Painted
  • Smoking Package, Luggage net
  • Porsche Connect

My car enters productions on May 26 and leaves Port of Emden towards Canada on June 30.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Congrats!

Do you know if anything changed between the 2017 and 2018 years?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Congratulations!
Super cool! It looks like our cars will be on a very similar schedule. Mine hit V250 on the same day.
It was supposed to, at least. I have not checked with my sales rep. I bugged him already enough.
He did say that these dates change a lot during the process, so I am not really hanging on to them, so to speak. Then again - I just canceled an M240 conv. order after 4+ months of waiting - so I'm somewhat skeptical about dates. "Suffered" enough already. :(

Mine is supposed to be a 2017. It's strange that they build two model years almost at the same time. Unless they are almost the same. Do you know what's different for 2018?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Congrats! Great build. Lava orange looks stunning
I have to agree. There are a lot of things Porsche does right and colors are one of them. Not all car makers get even the little things right but Porsche is the exception.

·
Super Moderator
1,955 Posts
As far as I've been able to determine, the difference between '17 and '18 718s is the standard options and other available options. As the standard options etc. vary from country to country then--overall--very little difference if any.

Greg

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Hello all!

My allocation locked today and hit V250. I can't wait for it! The car is expected Mid July. I ordered it from Porsche Winnipeg as they actually had an allocation available out of Canada.

My build is:
  • Base MY18 718 Cayman
  • Manual
  • 18 Inch Cayman Wheels
  • Sport Plus Seats
  • Interior Trim Painted
  • Porsche Connect

My car enters productions on May 26 and leaves Port of Emden towards Canada on June 30.
Wow...how did you get such an early 2018 Cayman allocation? I placed my order in March and the best I could do was a June build date. My car went into the body shop of the 21st of June.....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello all!

My build is:
  • Base MY18 718 Cayman
  • Manual
  • 18 Inch Cayman Wheels
  • Sport Plus Seats
  • Interior Trim Painted
  • Porsche Connect

Wow...how did you get such an early 2018 Cayman allocation? I placed my order in March and the best I could do was a June build date. My car went into the body shop of the 21st of June.....
The dealer where I ordered said it was one of the first MY18s for Canada.

Its currently on a boat right now! Due for delivery 2nd week of July! Can't wait!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts