Porsche 718 Forum banner

Which best describes how you feel about me?

• Couldn't live without me

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I've been helpful

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm somewhat entertaining

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Geesh, enough already

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I should be banned from the internet altogether

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It's unclear what planet I came from, but it would be best if I'd go back there and never come back

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, folks, I've been torturing my family, this forum and myself for the past 2 months. I've taken a ton of bandwidth and, if it's any consolation, gotten great advice throughout.

I was having so much fun (and I mean LOL type fun), that I decided to keep a record of my unmitigated idiocy. Thought you might get a kick out of seeing it:

Slope Rectangle Font Line Red

·
Premium Member
2022 Spyder GT Ag
1,312 Posts
I'm so boring. The only change I made in my order from beginning to end was I added the painted climate control panel after seeing a Japanese press car with the Spyder Classic interior and had that piece painted and I loved it.

I did consider Shark and Chalk for a while. But yeah, not quite as seriously as you did, though :)

I'm sure you will love the car!

·
Registered
157 Posts
At least you know it's all fun and don't take yourself too seriously. Having just gone through this process myself I know it's a combination of shear joy and terror and how it can quickly shift from one to the other.

·
Registered
333 Posts
...Having just gone through this process myself I know it's a combination of shear joy and terror and how it can quickly shift from one to the other.
That is sooo true. Ever since I got added to the waiting list, I've spent more time on the configurator than any sane person has a right to.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is sooo true. Ever since I got added to the waiting list, I've spent more time on the configurator than any sane person has a right to.
Well, you can set up your own scoreboard. Just have to insert a graph into an Excel spreadsheet. Heck, that'd be a fun thread. Everyone could post their own.......

·
Registered
151 Posts
G Silver was it from day 1 and has been it since then; occasionally I veered off inexplicably, probably due to minor panic attack I could miss something, into Carrera White, Guards Red, or Gentian Blue, but after 3 new builds on the configurator I was always back to GT Silver. So, guess what my car will be?

·
Registered
996 Posts
I would really find something else to do rather than do a spreadsheet on how much time and effort you've done getting your car right.

In all honesty, this is what forums are for but you need to make a decision and stick to your guns. Add the options that you can within your budget and if a bunch of people tell you you should add this option then its pretty certain its needed. The only option I would say you MUST have is dual zone climate. The others are a personal choice.

Make the choice, spec the car and tell your dealer to lock it in quickly before you change your mind again.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would really find something else to do rather than do a spreadsheet on how much time and effort you've done getting your car right.
It's my ironic sense of humor. It's stupid, I agree. Therefore, I felt the need to record my absolute, unmitigated idiocy for posterity.......I mean honestly, talking about a good problem to have.....

And us retired people need to fill our time with something.

Did you vote, BTW, or should I put you down for the other planet option by proxy?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have been following your threads but never commented. Glad you finally reached decision. I was getting PTSD from reading all of your post after having gone to a major renovation in my house with my wife. I am just the opposite, I placed my order and added one or two things afterwards and that was it. Glad it worked out for you, Enjoy your car when it arrives I’m sure it will be fantastic.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Nice first Porsche. My first was a silver 1974 914 2.0 but the next was a white 1970 911T like yours
Mine was a silver 1975 914 2.0...the last a Sapphire Blue Metallic 718 BS. And the next?

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
We're all weird in our own way...so no stone tossing by me.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I'm weird. I keep a fairly complicated spread sheet that lists all of the Scotches I have, that I have had, and that I have tasted. :rolleyes: As of today I have tasted 815 different Scotches.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I'm weird. I keep a fairly complicated spread sheet that lists all of the Scotches I have, that I have had, and that I have tasted. :rolleyes: As of today I have tasted 815 different Scotches.
Full confession: I still enjoy updating several spread sheets everyday, including one I designed specifically to track and analyze my daily, monthly, and annual golf metrics. Oh Lord, I stink! Another spread sheet I update daily proves old risk management professionals never actually retire...our graphs just fade away.

• Haha
Reactions: gfspencer and BobS

·
Registered
48 Posts
Enjoy it, it will be stunning! And for the record, any of the other ones you happen to see in the wild will make you question your decision, but never doubt, the best Porsche is the one in your driveway! Cheers!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts