Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 437 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad:

My car arrived in Halifax July 5th. It is one of the first 2018 718 Cayman's in Canada.

My dealer calls me today after trying to see if he could expedite shipping to find out that they are not releasing any 2018 Models and they are being held at Port of Halifax due to EPA and CBP clearance which has not been obtained.

He told me the Port Manager said likely August/September is when I should expect my car.

I am beyond frustrated as it completely misses the whole summer. I have filed a complaint with Porsche Canada.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
:mad:

My car arrived in Halifax July 5th. It is one of the first 2018 718 Cayman's in Canada.

My dealer calls me today after trying to see if he could expedite shipping to find out that they are not releasing any 2018 Models and they are being held at Port of Halifax due to EPA and CBP clearance which has not been obtained.

He told me the Port Manager said likely August/September is when I should expect my car.

I am beyond frustrated as it completely misses the whole summer. I have filed a complaint with Porsche Canada.
Why is the clearance taking about 2 months? That seems so unreasonable.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
I have no idea. Its beyond frustrating. Like there is no model change between 2017/2018.
Is there anyway you can talk directly to the port manager or his superior? These governmental agencies, unfortunately, are usually lazy, unmotivated, and pathetically slow.

·
Registered
113 Posts
That's just horrible and scares me a bit too as I'm waiting for a delivery in about 50 days. Hope the situation changes for you soon.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
You may find that the hold-up is in customs, not Porsche.
My vehicle was early at every stage but delivered 2 days late 'cause Australian Customs took 9 days to rubber-stamp the clearance.

Greg

·
Registered
116 Posts
That really sucks. :( Sorry to hear that.
If it has anything to do with EPA approvals for the new model year - it would be clearly Porsche Canada's fault. They have to file paperwork in time. Can't always blame government for everything. (no, I don't work for "the government" :) ) Not sure what CBP is.
I am in the process of buying my first Porsche, but Porsche Canada does not come across as a company that really cares about customers too much. There are plenty of people waiting in line to become customers, as far as they are concerned.

Anyhow - hope it really does not take THAT long. I am picking mine up today. One of the last MY17 cars for Canada, apparently. Ordered late April.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That really sucks. :( Sorry to hear that.
If it has anything to do with EPA approvals for the new model year - it would be clearly Porsche Canada's fault. They have to file paperwork in time. Can't always blame government for everything. (no, I don't work for "the government" :) ) Not sure what CBP is.
I am in the process of buying my first Porsche, but Porsche Canada does not come across as a company that really cares about customers too much. There are plenty of people waiting in line to become customers, as far as they are concerned.

Anyhow - hope it really does not take THAT long. I am picking mine up today. One of the last MY17 cars for Canada, apparently. Ordered late April.
Congrats on the new car man! Your lucky you got a 2017.

I just got off the phone with Porsche Customer Relations. They don't give two shits the cars are delayed. They don't have EPA or CBP (Customs and Border Protection) certification for any 2018 Model, be it 911, Boxster, Cayman, Macan, etc. North America wide. So anyone expecting a car in July or August, your in for a delay until the government allows them through.

I am beyond pissed off with how they are handling this. They literally could not careless. The whole reason I got my allocation outside of Ontario was to get one early for the Summer time. This just makes it pointless now.

Customer Relations said delay could be up to 30 days from the date given on the tracking sheet or more...

It doesn't help clarify anything.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Congrats on the new car man! Your lucky you got a 2017.

I just got off the phone with Porsche Customer Relations. They don't give two shits the cars are delayed. They don't have EPA or CBP (Customs and Border Protection) certification for any 2018 Model, be it 911, Boxster, Cayman, Macan, etc. North America wide. So anyone expecting a car in July or August, your in for a delay until the government allows them through.

I am beyond pissed off with how they are handling this. They literally could not careless. The whole reason I got my allocation outside of Ontario was to get one early for the Summer time. This just makes it pointless now.

Customer Relations said delay could be up to 30 days from the date given on the tracking sheet or more...

It doesn't help clarify anything.
Does this apply to cars going to the US as well?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Does this apply to cars going to the US as well?
Just got off the Phone, they are sending letters out to everyone today. USA and Canada. All 2018 models. They are providing $500.00 credit towards the drivers selection, which is jack all.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
yes all 2018s North America Wide
Well as it stands now, my 2018/718 Cayman S has an estimated delivery date of 15 September (placed order on the 15th of March for a June allocation). Initially, it was
the 25th of August but then I made a few changes** when in V210 status and it was pushed to the 15th of September. All I know, up to this point, is it went to V260 on 21 June........

I am disappointed with the Porsche buying experience for allot of reasons not the least of which is the apparent Porsche indifference toward the buyer.

** added LED lights, door guard sills in stainless steel and changed Sports-Tex interior to Chalk colored leather.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Just got off the Phone, they are sending letters out to everyone today. USA and Canada. All 2018 models. They are providing $500.00 credit towards the drivers selection, which is jack all.
I am paying a 100K for a car and they are delaying delivery for a couple of months and giving me a $500 credit....Wow suddenly I feel rich......yeah right. Keep the $500 and do your job correctly!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am paying a 100K for a car and they are delaying delivery for a couple of months and giving me a $500 credit....Wow suddenly I feel rich......yeah right. Keep the $500 and do your job correctly!
Yeah I am preparing email now to director of sales.

1 - 20 of 437 Posts