Porsche 718 Forum banner

Need help with Service Display info

6K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  SonicSid 
#1 ·
I have 2017 Cayman that I purchased 2/19 with 1900 miles from a dealer. The dealer serviced the car (oil change) just before I took delivery. I will be performing the required service myself and I know oil to be changed ever 10k/1 year and brake fluid flushed every 20k/2 years.

I have 7600 miles on the car and the service display says

Service interval 1....
Inspection in 14300 miles
2/2021

Why doesn’t it tell me to change oil in 1 year (2/20)? Doesn’t it monitor oil?

Since the car is a 2017, the 2 years for brake fluid flush should be due sometime in 2019, not 2/2021.

what am I missing?

#2 ·
I'm not sure the car, itself, has anything to do with those warnings. I think it is set by the service department, or the device some DIY folks buy that lets them reset the oil change reminder. It looks from the date like your service department may have changed the brake fluid along with the oil before releasing the car to you. Also, I'm betting, that your oil change warning won't come until January. My car was delivered Dec. 20, 2018 and I didn't get the oil change warning until about two weeks ago.

Reactions: DriveInHouston
#12 ·
Yes, the service interval in addition to the oil change. Upon receiving the device, I had to download a firmware update for it. I wouldn't say it's the most intuitive device. It took three attempts putting in the current date while resetting the oil change interval before it was retained in the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.